chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Stockfish Don Dailey Edition

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Stockfish Don Dailey Edition

Post  Bacolod Chess on Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:28 am

New Master release, supposedly Stockfish 5, but in dedication for Don Dailey, it was named Stockfish DD instead.

Code:
http://stockfishchess.org/
marco costalba wrote:This release is dedicated to Don. This is a new release of Stockfish after the last TCEC season. It is almost the same version that played the superfinal against Komodo.

Bacolod Chess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Stockfish Don Dailey Edition

Post  Zenith on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:27 am

Bacolod Chess wrote:New Master release, supposedly Stockfish 5, but in dedication for Don Dailey, it was named Stockfish DD instead.

Code:
http://stockfishchess.org/
marco costalba wrote:This release is dedicated to Don. This is a new release of Stockfish after the last TCEC season. It is almost the same version that played the superfinal against Komodo.
Larry Kaufman

Posted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:29 pm Post subject: Komodo-TCEC

w - w - w talkchess.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=50300
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark and I have decided to release the Komodo version that won TCEC, with only option defaults and name changed. It will be called "Komodo-TCEC". To make it identical to the version that beat Stockfish in the final, just set table memory to 256, drawscore to zero, and hash size to the appropriate amount. These settings are appropriate for long time control games against closely rated opposition.
I expect that it will be ready to send out in a few days, we just need to do a few things to get ready for a release, and Mark isn't available until Tuesday. We're announcing it now so that those wanting to buy Komodo will know to wait rather than to purchase Komodo 6 now.
We decided not to include our up-to-the-minute version as we estimate that it is only one elo stronger, not worth the bother.
I am currently running tests at 2' plus 1" against Houdini 4 and Stockfish DD and will compare the results with Komodo 6. In direct bullet play, Komodo tcec beat Komodo 6 by 25 elo points in ten thousand games.
No decisions have been made yet about pricing.
This is of course the final version that is primarily the work of Don Dailey, who died just as the TCEC final got underway and who continued to work on Komodo until just a few days before his passing. We didn't name it after him as that might imply that all earlier versions were not his work, which would of course be false, but it is of course dedicated to his memory. It is also the first version with a significant contribution by my new Komodo partner Mark Lefler. I hope people will remember Don whenever they use Komodo. Don's widow Mary will receive an equal share of the profits for five years.

Zenith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bacolod Chess on Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:56 am

Wow. I can't wait to have the world champion. Komodo-TCEC nice name! Smile Don Dailey lives forever through his Komodo

Bacolod Chess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  APOCALYPSE on Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:00 am

Hi,
I downloaded Stockfish DD and Syzygy 6 men EGTBs, but I could not find the path setting in UCI commands.
How can you use Syzygy with Stockfish?
Thank you

APOCALYPSE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bacolod Chess on Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:22 am

APOCALYPSE wrote:Hi,
I downloaded Stockfish DD and Syzygy 6 men EGTBs, but I could not find the path setting in UCI commands.
How can you use Syzygy with Stockfish?
Thank you
Open a Windows Explorer window, type %appdata% in the address bar and press Enter. In
the folder that appears, descend into the ChessBase\Engines.UCI folder in which you
will find the .uci files of all the installed engines. You can simply add options to the .
uci file with Notepad, here’s an example file:

[ENGINE]
Name=Houdini 4 x64
Author=Robert Houdart
Filename=C:\Program Files\Houdini 4 Chess\Houdini_4_x64.exe
Priority=below normal
[OPTIONS]
Threads=3
SyzygyPath=C:\tb\syzygy345;C:\tb\syzygy6 (type syzygy directory here)

hope this helps

Bacolod Chess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bacolod Chess on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:09 pm

I have just wrote to maco costalba about this poosible bug (?) in stockfishh dd.

Bacolod Chess wrote:Dear Marco, and Stockfish team, with this position: Black; King at d8, Bishop at c2.
White; King at e6, Bishop at e5, pawns at f4 & g4. Stockfish DD (no tablebase)
evaluates the position as +151.00 pawns. Also, in countless games i have evaluated
where one side has a terrible disadvantage, stockfish will evaluate it that way (too
many pawns up, about +150.00 and above.) How could any posible position have more than
one hundred fifty pawns? This does not happen in any other engines. say, with the same
position above, Houdini 3 Pro x64 evaluates the position at a realistic +9.86 pawns.
while komodo tcec gives it +9.22 pawns. This exceeding evaluation in stockfish DD will
give us an over-evaluation in game analysis. also, this doesn't look good when
stockfish is at kbitzing mode where people depend on engine's evaluation.
Regards and more power to you, Bacolod Chess.

Bacolod Chess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 1:00 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top