chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  Grancanary on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:17 am

I have a quad cpu, Windows 7 64bit system but Deep Fritz 14 (64bit) shows only one CPU? Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Grancanary

Posts : 3
Points : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  maelic on Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:30 am

Grancanary wrote:I have a quad cpu, Windows 7 64bit system but Deep Fritz 14 (64bit) shows only one CPU? Any ideas what's wrong and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance

Stupid question - did you try to change the number of threads? Smile

maelic

Posts : 212
Points : 282
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2012-11-03
Age : 22
Location : Czech Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  Grancanary on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:11 am

I'm honoured by your reply maelic; unfortunately I do not know what you mean by change the number of threads" so on that basis my answer is no. What and how please?

Grancanary

Posts : 3
Points : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  t-rex on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:24 am

Grancanary wrote:I'm honoured by your reply maelic; unfortunately I do not know what you mean by change the number of threads" so on that basis my answer is no. What and how please?

On your DF14 interface do this :

1 .. your analysis box currently shows 1 CPU - click on it then change to number of cores you want to use

or a better way

2 .. your analysis box again - right click on the engine name - whatever engine you are using then click on Advanced and change the engine parameters - the number of threads.

I think this is correct from what I remember - I dont have DF14 - maybe somebody with DF can correct.

t-rex

Posts : 30
Points : 39
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-12-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  R4ML4N on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:34 am

but sometimes there is a chess engine that can only be 1 cores like komodo CCT and Strelka 6

R4ML4N

Posts : 481
Points : 856
Reputation : 81
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 19
Location : Indonesian

View user profile http://unihack-team.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  Grancanary on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 am

t-rex wrote:
Grancanary wrote:I'm honoured by your reply maelic; unfortunately I do not know what you mean by change the number of threads" so on that basis my answer is no. What and how please?

On your DF14 interface do this :

1 .. your analysis box currently shows 1 CPU - click on it then change to number of cores you want to use

or a better way

2 .. your analysis box again - right click on the engine name - whatever engine you are using then click on Advanced and change the engine parameters - the number of threads.

I think this is correct from what I remember - I dont have DF14 - maybe somebody with DF can correct.

1. Fixed at 1 cpu, no choice: 2. Worked but when changed, saved and closed Engine Error message and no change.

Grancanary

Posts : 3
Points : 5
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  maelic on Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:16 pm

There is a way how to change the number of cores pernamently but it only works with USI engines like Stockfish, Houdini, Komodo etc. but not Deep Fritz 14 engine.

1. Go to folder C:\Users\Guest\AppData\Roaming\ChessBase\Engines.UCI
2. Find file {NAMEOFENGINE}.uci
3. Open this file in Notepad
4. Make sure that under [OPTIONS] (if there is no sign like this, add one under everything else) is line Threads={NUMBEROFCORES}.

Try it out Wink

maelic

Posts : 212
Points : 282
Reputation : 42
Join date : 2012-11-03
Age : 22
Location : Czech Republic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  Mohamed Nayeem on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:22 pm

Open your GUI
Click your Engine
Click Engine Parameter

Change Threads

Mohamed Nayeem

Posts : 73
Points : 110
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2013-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Deep Fritz 14 ignores quad cpu

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:14 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum