chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Syzygy tablebase help

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Syzygy tablebase help

Post  xdavex on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:43 am

I understand nothing in this. ( you can find this in other websites)

Syzygybases

Configuration

Syzygybases are configured using the UCI options "SyzygyPath", "SyzygyProbeDepth", "Syzygy50MoveRule" and "SyzygyProbeLimit".


etc...

What the hell does it mean by UCI options? Even if i knew how do i configure the UCI options? Where do i find that? All of those things make no sense


To make it simple:

I have Stockfish 5 and CB 13 and Syzygy 3-5 men ( the one around 900MB i think)

I Run Stockfish 5 using CB 13 but Stockfish 5 is not using Tablebase

I set the tablebase path right yet it still does nothing.

Please anyone help me. I want a detailed answer if possible cause i have been trying to make the tablebase work for hours :/

HELP

xdavex

Posts : 7
Points : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  isro on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:54 am

xdavex wrote:I understand nothing in this. ( you can find this in other websites)

Syzygybases

Configuration

Syzygybases are configured using the UCI options "SyzygyPath", "SyzygyProbeDepth", "Syzygy50MoveRule" and "SyzygyProbeLimit".


etc...

What the hell does it mean by UCI options? Even if i knew how do i configure the UCI options? Where do i find that? All of those things make no sense


To make it simple:

I have Stockfish 5 and CB 13 and Syzygy 3-5 men ( the one around 900MB i think)

I Run Stockfish 5 using CB 13 but Stockfish 5 is not using Tablebase

I set the tablebase path right yet it still does nothing.

Please anyone help me. I want a detailed answer if possible cause i have been trying to make the tablebase work for hours :/

HELP
i've experience the same thing. i change name folder syzygy to cbdatatbs and it's working. maybe it's help you. regards
NOTES: i use df14

isro

Posts : 62
Points : 75
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-11-09
Age : 31
Location : bontang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  xdavex on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:02 am

isro wrote:
xdavex wrote:I understand nothing in this. ( you can find this in other websites)

Syzygybases

Configuration

Syzygybases are configured using the UCI options "SyzygyPath", "SyzygyProbeDepth", "Syzygy50MoveRule" and "SyzygyProbeLimit".


etc...

What the hell does it mean by UCI options? Even if i knew how do i configure the UCI options? Where do i find that? All of those things make no sense


To make it simple:

I have Stockfish 5 and CB 13 and Syzygy 3-5 men ( the one around 900MB i think)

I Run Stockfish 5 using CB 13 but Stockfish 5 is not using Tablebase

I set the tablebase path right yet it still does nothing.

Please anyone help me. I want a detailed answer if possible cause i have been trying to make the tablebase work for hours :/

HELP
i've experience the same thing. i change name folder syzygy to cbdatatbs and it's working. maybe it's help you. regards
NOTES: i use df14

Wait. So you are saying that you had this exact same problem with DF14 and all it took to solve it was a folder name change? K ill try this up but I won't get my hopes up.

Anyone else would like to help or any other solution just in case this does not work?

EDIT: As expected nothing changed, maybe your name change in the folder was just a coincidence because it got buggy at first.

xdavex

Posts : 7
Points : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  XsupremeX on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:19 am

I dont know, all i do is this and save...


XsupremeX

Posts : 387
Points : 605
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2012-03-10
Location : Vitória - Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  xdavex on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:22 am

XsupremeX wrote:I dont know, all i do is this and save...


Thanks but what program are you using to edit the engine parameters?

Just to clarify, I am using chessbase 13 so those things don't show up

I am still interested in what program or thing you are using to edit engine parameters.

I would be surprised if that was still from ChessBase but i wouldn't know lol

You aren't exactly helping me yet but thats still very thoughtful of you haha

xdavex

Posts : 7
Points : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  XsupremeX on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:30 am

That was in InfinityChess GUI and this one in Fritz GUI...engine=stockfish mate finder+.exe


XsupremeX

Posts : 387
Points : 605
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2012-03-10
Location : Vitória - Brazil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  xdavex on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:14 am

XsupremeX wrote:That was in InfinityChess GUI and this one in Fritz GUI...engine=stockfish mate finder+.exe


wtf where do i find that in fritz GUI? please be more specific :/

What Fritz is that? Deep Fritz 14? And where in fritz gui cause i can't find what you are saying

Don't be vague with your answers :/

xdavex

Posts : 7
Points : 9
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  isro on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:28 am

XsupremeX wrote:That was in InfinityChess GUI and this one in Fritz GUI...engine=stockfish mate finder+.exe

are you use SF MZ?

isro

Posts : 62
Points : 75
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2014-11-09
Age : 31
Location : bontang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Stockfish mate finder

Post  R4ML4N on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:35 am

Stockfish mate finder:-

Okay ,here they are:

Stockfish mate finder x32 old
Stockfish mate finder x32 gen
Stockfish mate finder x32 sse
Stockfish mate finder x64 gen
Stockfish mate finder x64 sse
Stockfish mate finder x64 pop

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/slq5smix617nqyt/Stockfish%20Mate%20Finder%2B.7z?dl=0

Enjoy your testings

R4ML4N

Posts : 477
Points : 848
Reputation : 79
Join date : 2012-10-05
Age : 19
Location : Indonesian

View user profile http://unihack-team.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  hippocampus on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:55 pm

xdavex - I felt your same pain but solution is here.
Google for "tablebases in fritz" and click the v=i0jBt85BpaI video
This way I setup the Syzygy 3-6 men fine.
I had SyzygyPath setup in Windows as a system env variable but don't think that is required.
Also, I setup the paths under Fritz/Options/Tablebases in both the Syzygy GUI and Syzygy Engines tabs but only one place may really be needed, not sure so did them both.
I think key thing is to ensure you have Load at Startup checked and then restart the program.
Anyway, follow the guide - even though it refers to Nalimovs etc, and is on F13, you'll know what to do.
You'll know if you're set by playing out the example in the video.
As addn tip, I put the rtbw files on a SSD, rtbz files on a normal HD. I read it helps speed access but only rtbw need to be on fast access.

hippocampus

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Syzygy tablebase help

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:30 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum