chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Immortalchess has been shut?

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  SQL on Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:53 am

Immortalchess.net is Offline... Perhaps the admins are fixing the broken system now.
Thanks a lot!!

SQL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChessCritic on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:35 am

What's a .htaccess and how does it work?

ChessCritic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ishmael on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:53 am

SQL wrote:Immortalchess.net is Offline... Perhaps the admins are fixing the broken system now.
Thanks a lot!!

You are very optimistic. The admins seems to be indifferent with the forum-members who can not log in.

ishmael

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:25 am

Future Jim wrote:If this is indeed the problem, then it is the domain host that should be rectifying the situation. I believe they are in France.

They are using outdated versions of vBulletin (3.8.5) and vBadvanced (3.2.2). vBadvanced is not even being officially supported anymore.
Code:
http://www.vbadvanced.com/forum/showthread.php?50767-vBadvanced-No-Longer-Officially-Supported

Immortal needs a new host. If Pozitiffchess needs help, I am sure there are many of us who could assist.

Thanks Rolfmiller and for this FutureJim. I have just posted your information in Immortal with a strong plea that someone the site moderator/admin team may know a way to contact the domain host support team as reading that thread it may well have a simple solution if only the right people are alerted. As you say it does appear they are in France looking at this but I cannot see how to contact them to flag it up:
Code:
https://myip.ms/info/whois/163.172.90.25/k/556434655/website/www.immortalchess.net

I am doing all I can on Immortal to try to get the right attention on this so let us hope someone will start to listen and act.

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  escaleno on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:46 am

Dear gambit_man, as usual you are doing your best to help us all. Thank you very much.

I still can access the immortalchess forum, as I never logged out. Would like to know if there is something I can do.

escaleno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kheireddine on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:58 pm

The immortal forum stops moments and returns to work. It is possible that there are maintenance works for it
Kheireddine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

hello friend

Post  jeando on Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:33 pm

escaleno wrote:Dear gambit_man, as usual you are doing your best to help us all. Thank you very much.

I still can access the immortalchess forum, as I never logged out. Would like to know if there is something I can do.

hello amgo if there is something you can do while we arrange the login, so as not to bother the friend Gambit-man asking him to share what they have published in immortal, I ask you the favor if you want to do that detail to which we can not enter post the links here:

chess24 and

, ichess new material. thanks

jeando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Future Jim on Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:47 pm

gambit_man wrote:
I am doing all I can on Immortal to try to get the right attention on this so let us hope someone will start to listen and act.

If I could give you a +100, I'd do it in a second. Thank you again, gambit_man.

I really hope somebody is patching the vBulletin (and PHP) software the forum is using. So far in 2018, there has been only one exploit (it is does affect all 3.x.x releases): "Unvalidated Redirects vulnerability in vBulletin 3.x.x and 4.2.x , allows when application accepts untrusted input that could cause the web application to redirect the request to a URL contained within an untrusted input. By modifying untrusted URLs into a malicious site, an attacker can successfully launch a phishing and steal user credentials."

Code:
https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-8142/Vbulletin.html

The company selling vBulletin doesn't get very many good reviews here:
Code:
https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.vbulletin.com

Pretty terrible. . .  Embarassed

Future Jim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jeando on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:27 pm

yes is a exploit, ajedrezactivo is the hacker a cibercriminal name: titelmarica

jeando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Login Password

Post  boundx on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:30 am

Hello
I have post my little Tick, ok its not the best option, but it doesnt works always an i cant make 10 accounts.
So I attempt every Day to get in my Account.

NO CHANCE

By this way i notice if i put in my User Name and my Password, and i click login, the password field will be deleted and then the site take to login,
By this Way password is failed, because no password in Passowrd field.

Maybe a way to solve the Problem
Thanks

boundx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChessCritic on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:46 am

Yeah I noticed it too

ChessCritic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

metodo mela

Post  jeando on Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:13 pm

ChessCritic wrote:Yeah I noticed it too

please
share us the links thanks. cheers

jeando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  magcar on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi dear chess friends,

thanks to everybody for your news updates here. I've also been shut out from Immortal for almost two weeks. Same experiences as posted by many others, and no response to my e-mails.

After almost two weeks of uncertainty I'm very happy that I finally found this thread here. It's a big relief to see that I'm not the only one in the world experiencing these login problems.

Special thanks to gambit_man for keeping track of at least some of the updates at Immortal, and to anybody taking effort to bring this issue to the attention of the Immortal admins.

Let's hope they will be able to fix the problems soon.

Cheers, magcar

magcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:34 pm

All

Just to let you know one of the Immortal Super Moderators has earlier today posted in Immortal the first public message of acknowedgement and confirmation that the issues are being addressed by PoztiFF_chess the head of Immortal. This was in the thread I started there recently to try to make sure attention is drawn to the issues.  Hopefully this is a good sign so just wanted to let you all know:  

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  capatal on Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Thanks for all you hard work Gambit man!!
Hopefully soon

capatal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

thanks friend

Post  jeando on Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:11 pm

capatal wrote:Thanks for all you hard work Gambit man!!
Hopefully soon

Gambit Man IMMORTAL you are our friend. thanks.

jeando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

vbulletin forum

Post  rolfmiller on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:36 am

Sorry, as a newbie in this forum I cannot post URLs. But seaching in Google for "15 minutes issue vbulletin" will show many results.
Hope, immortalchess will be back soon...

rolfmiller

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherabloom on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:41 am

You're a hero Gambit Man!

Etherabloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChessCritic on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Anybody who still has access to immortalchess.net, please share Doubled Pawns: A Practical Guide by Sergey Kasparov (if you can find it)

Thanks

ChessCritic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

please

Post  jeando on Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:11 pm

ChessCritic wrote:Anybody who still has access to immortalchess.net, please share Doubled Pawns: A Practical Guide by Sergey Kasparov (if you can find it)

Thanks
and mela method ichess thansk.

jeando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:32 am

All,

I said earlier that until the Immortal log in problems are resolved, I will do my best to share any major new offerings (DVD or books). I have been trying to do this but please be patient as I have limited time and it takes a fair amount of effort. If you have requests please post them in the REQUESTS section here rather than in this thread.  Meanwhile here is a new DVD Course shared last couple of days on Immortal. I have posted it in the "Training Software " section here so that even those Immortals "locked out" can still enjoy it:

The Short Way to Mastering Tactics (The Nigel Method)

Code:
http://www.chessgod101.com/t4362-the-short-way-to-mastering-tactics-the-nigel-method#18282

All thanks to the contributors on Immortal who worked together to buy and share this course.

By the way if anyone is new here, a quick word on posting url links. In this forum you can't just insert a link in a post as you can on most other forums   -  if you do the poster can see the link but everyone else just sees a message in red saying "only moderator's can see this link". The way around this is to post links inside CODE tags.  That way the links will look look this when posted:

So the link is not "clickable" you have to copy/paste the actual link between the code tags into a web browser then the link will work.  I am mentioning this as it causes a lot of issues on here when people don't realise. I actually wrote a short tutorial on here about how to post links as so many people did not understand it:

Code:
http://www.chessgod101.com/t3834-how-to-post-links-here

Hope this helps.

Last edited by gambit_man on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:55 am

All,

Here is the latest new CBFT DVD I have shared today in Immortal. I have now posted it in the "Training Software " section here so that even those Immortals "locked out" can still enjoy it. This is a generous gift from suyu28  in Immortal Forum who purchased this CB DVD and asked me for assistance in uploading and sharing it so thanks to suyu28 who has given me his blessing to share this with you here.

A lifetime repertoire: Play the Nimzo Indian by Rustam Kasimdzhanov(CBFT)

Code:
http://www.chessgod101.com/t4364-a-lifetime-repertoire-play-the-nimzo-indian-by-rustam-kasimdzhanovcbft#18288

I have also included a step by step tutorial in that post about CB activation for anyone who may be unsure about how to watch the protected CBFT DVDs

I hope you enjoy this and that it makes waiting for the Immortal log in problem to be solved a bit less painful for you.

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

great¡¡

Post  jeando on Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:54 pm

friend IMMORTAL GAMBIT MAN, you are great, great many thanks for sharing these gifts, I wish you (bless) that everything you do will prosper, that you have light in your soul, and forever shine like the sun, we want you very much.

jeando

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:25 am

Immortal friends,

In my attempts to keep you updated with latest offerings on Immortal here is another one. It was posted in Immortal 31st March 2018 so this may have been after the log in problems and you may not have it. I have posted it in the "Training Software " section here:

Calculation Training  by Robert Ris  (CBFT)

Code:
http://www.chessgod101.com/t4368-calculation-training-by-robert-ris-cbft#18316

Thaks to johangnorman in Immortal Forum who purchased this CB DVD and asked me for assistance in sharing it.  Also thanks to hamster64 for some re-uploading of files he did for me to post this here

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:06 am

All,

I have just posted here a collection of  recent CBFT DVDs that have been converted to MP4 video file format and posted on Immortal.  I am sharing here mainly so that those members of Immortal currently "locked out" of the forum can still enjoy these. You may already have some of these as they all from March 2018 but sharing in case you missed any and would like them while waiting for the forum log in problems to be resolved.   A huge thanks to all the original uploaders on Immortal (these conversions take a massive amount of time and effort)  and a special thanks to hamster64 who went through and re-uploaded all of these to fresh mirrors for posting here, so that we conform to forum rules

Code:
http://www.chessgod101.com/t4369-cb-fritztrainers-cbft-as-mp4-video-files#18319

CBFT as MP4

The titles included in the post are:

• Ace Up Your Sleeve by Michael Rahal - 1. d4 repertoire

CHESS STRATEGY - GM BRYAN SMITH

Converting Your Advantage into a Full Point – IM Valeri Lilov

DNA of a Champion - ROMAIN EDOUARD Method

FOXY 178 - 183

Grandmaster Level Calculation - GM Daniel Gormally

GRANDMASTER'S Thinking - GM Davorin Kuljasevic

How-to-Beat-stronger-Opponents - Igor Smirnov

KEEP IT SIMPLE 1. E4 - CHRISTOF SIELECKI (CHESSABLE)

MINOR PIECE ENDGAME Mastery 2 - OSTROVSKIY

Modern Chess Fundamentals - DELORME MM 27

Tiger on the Modern - GingerGM - SIMON WILLIAMS

Enjoy

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next