chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Immortalchess has been shut?

Page 15 of 18 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  refosk on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:05 am

Its not the problem that the admins cannot fix the issue, the problem is that they are always so ignorant and never give any explanation. I believe there are members out there who could help, but admins will never ask for it..
refosk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:14 am

BlackLion,

Be aware that even if you can create a new user ID and log in, that will only last one session and as soon as you log off or restart your computer you will again be locked out and the new user ID won't work. This is because for any account made BEFORE the forum problems started you have 2 cookies that identify you and are needed for log in: bbuserid and bbpassword. But for any account made AFTER the forum problems started you do not get those 2 special cookies created. Insteead you get a temporary cookie named PHPSESSID which last only the session you are logged in for.

You can create those 2 cookies (bbuserid and bbpassword) using the browser extension "EditThisCookie" (google for it for Chrome or Firefox and install it) but you won't know which values to give them. Had you installed EditThisCookie while successfully logged in BEFORE the problems you could have made a note of the value of those 2 cookies, then in any new browser just create them again (using EditThisCookie)and give them your own unique values and save them then hey presto you can log in.  In fact hamster64 in Immortal has produced a quick tutorial how to do this, but it is something you need to do when you have a successful log in which then allows you to transfer those cookies to a new device or new web browser. Anyway here is the tutorial for information.   By the way the tutorial says to export all the cookies for the site and save them and then paste them all in to new browser. For some reason that didn't work for me when I tested this , but it was OK as instead I used EditThisCookie to open up the bbuserid and bbpassword cookies individually from the successfully logged in browser, copy/paste the values for these cookies and save them somewhere, then added them individually as 2 new cookies to the new browser (where you can't log on) once at the Immortal opening screen (not logged in) and it works once you have created the cookies you can log on (don't forget to press the green arrow to complete the adding of the cookies):

Code:
https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/SKjlqCV7/file.html

Just to be clear this is for transferring your cookies from one computer to another or one web browser to another on the same computer assuming you could log in successfully somewhere, but it won't get you in if you did not already do this from your OLD log in (before the problems started) and save the values.

Last edited by gambit_man on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dont have cockies

Post  Balkanchess on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:35 am

value? Sad

Balkanchess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bud on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 am

deusmachine wrote:Can someone tell us if the immortalchess forum is trying to solve this problem?

Does anyone know any method to login to that forum? I have not been able to enter the forum for almost a month and nobody is able to give an official answer to the problem. It seems that it does not matter to them.

PozitiFF_Chess is trying to fix the problem:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Bud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:22 am

Balkanchess wrote:
value?  Sad

Please read my post again CAREFULLY. I have explained that those 2 cookies only exist for accounts set up BEFORE the log in problems happened. For new accounts set up AFTER the log in problems started you do not have those 2 cookies, which is why the log in will not last. You can manually add them (use the + sign) but it is pointless because you will not have the unique values to give them.  That would only have been possible if you had accessed the cookies bbuserid and bbpassword for your old account BEFORE the problems started and saved your unique values. So the guidance I gave above is for transferring your cookies from one computer to another or one web browser to another on the same computer assuming you could log in successfully somewhere with your OLD account, but it won't get you in if you did not already do this from your OLD log in (before the problems started) and save the values of your bbuserid and bbpassword cookies.  Sorry.

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I need value :-(

Post  Balkanchess on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:33 am

Thank you gambit_man for all in this forum! Im understend,but dont have old cockies and value in new create cockies. Chears

Balkanchess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 am

Balkanchess wrote:Thank you gambit_man for all in this forum! Im understend,but dont have old cockies and value in new create cockies. Chears

Are you successfully logged in to your "old" account when you are looking at the cookies ?  If you already cleared your web browser/cache/cookies then you won't be able to see them for your "old" account as you are not logged in to it.  When I look at my cookies for being logged in to my account (beecause it was set up before the problems) I see bbuserid and bbpassword there in the list. I have now copy/pasted and saved the vlaues so I can go to any other computer or web browser, create the 2 cookies and give them the values and I can log in.  If I had logged out or cleared cache/cookies they would be missing and I couldn't do this.  You cannot create values for a new account unless you saved them from a log in session before you cleared cookies or logged off, because there is no way to know what the bbpassword value is unless you are logged in. Not sure how else to explain this !!

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Balkanchess on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:16 am

gambit_man wrote:
Balkanchess wrote:Thank you gambit_man for all in this forum! Im understend,but dont have old cockies and value in new create cockies. Chears

Are you successfully logged in to your "old" account when you are looking at the cookies ?  If you already cleared your web browser/cache/cookies then you won't be able to see them for your "old" account as you are not logged in to it.  When I look at my cookies for being logged in to my account (beecause it was set up before the problems) I see bbuserid and bbpassword there in the list. I have now copy/pasted and saved the vlaues so I can go to any other computer or web browser, create the 2 cookies and give them the values and I can log in.  If I had logged out or cleared cache/cookies they would be missing and I couldn't do this.  You cannot create values for a new account unless you saved them from a log in session before you cleared cookies or logged off, because there is no way to know what the bbpassword value is unless you are logged in. Not sure how else to explain this !!

I understand everything. I've erased history and I do not have old cookies. I use only one computer, unfortunately. How to make new values is a question for IT professionals. MD5 decrypter and so on .. thank you

Balkanchess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

anything else

Post  Msuran on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:19 am

Please check with your record manager (regedit) the aggregates that are there. Put in search "immortal" and you will see how many places it is. Even the famous V1 SHUTDOWN is there. My question: can be eliminated and with this solve the problem Do it carefully (backup the registry before) because when you delete them you can lock the PC

Msuran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerda Voss on Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:47 pm

@Msuran: No, elimination of " immortal" from registration does not solve the problem at login Evil or Very Mad

Gerda Voss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  refosk on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:48 pm

I just log-in with my original account!
refosk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I also

Post  Cryspon on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:58 pm

I just was able to login too. Hopefully this misery is now over cheers

Cryspon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:02 pm

refosk wrote:I just log-in with my original account!

Guys I think the log in problem has been fixed. There has just been a post in Immortal to say "PozitiFF_Chess solved the problem (and wrotу about it in russian section)"

Please all try and report back let us hope for good news !!!!!!

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Just got in!!

Post  filchess on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Was able to login

filchess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  gambit_man on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:16 pm

All,

Confirmation just now from poztiFF_chess (head admin of Immortal) to say it was the result of a software upgrade on the server (no hacking) and that he has been trying to get it fixed but it has taken the support teams a long time to fix it but now its done.

We got there in the end. Good news - welcome back !!!!!

Last edited by gambit_man on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pimoko on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:17 pm

I just did log in with success right now

cheers to all for your help cheers cheers cheers

pimoko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  alternato on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:22 pm

I am in, the nightmare is over?

affraid
alternato

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Immortal login working

Post  magcar on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:23 pm

I was also able to login! cheers

magcar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sander on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:34 pm

I am also back in! Thanks a lot to gambit_man for keeping us informed!
Sander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Etherabloom on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Yay I'm back in too. Thank you Gambit Man!

Etherabloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  draxler07 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 pm

Finally!!!! Thanks a lot Gambit man!. I am never logging out now.

draxler07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  buddha on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:02 pm

thank you! This is a relief

buddha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  capatal on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 pm

Yes!

capatal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks to Gambit_Man

Post  Gold_Serpent on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:39 pm

Dear Gambit_Man,

First of all congratulations to all for getting back to our favourite immortal forum.

Now I would like to thank Gambit_Man for keeping us updated on every movement related to this issue and also providing us the new material.

Dear Gambit_Man your contribution is unparalleled. Your service is extraordinary.

Wish you all the best in anything you pursue !!

Regards:

Gold_Serpent

Gold_Serpent

View user profile

Back to top Go down

yes

Post  jeando on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:43 pm

capatal wrote:Yes!

yes again new IMMORTAL cheers

jeando

View user profile

Back to top Go down