chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Immortalchess has been shut?

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  gambit_man on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33 am

Thanks for update Chessgod 101. That's a really great offer and suggestion and I'm willing to help out in any way needed to assist in getting that set up. I'm sure a lot of others would feel the same. Meanwhile I am archiving all my chess materials ( I have about 200Gb of chess videos/ DVD/ databases/ engines etc) to make sure to keep them safe. If others do the same then if we do reconvene in a new forum between us we may be able to resurrect and share a lot of the material we have gathered over the years.

gambit_man

Posts : 216
Points : 252
Reputation : 38
Join date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  E_Meyer on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:36 am

chessgod101 wrote:I contacted one of the former admins of immortalchess whom I happened to have in my skype contacts and his response was that he did not know what was happening. Considering that I am very limited by what I can offer with this free forumotion forum, if we do not hear anything from the admins within a few more weeks, I may consider opening a new immortalchess with an offshore dedicated server.

Very nice from you chessgod101

Count on me for anything you need.

E_Meyer

Posts : 4
Points : 7
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  centauro3000 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:42 am

chessgod101 wrote:I contacted one of the former admins of immortalchess whom I happened to have in my skype contacts and his response was that he did not know what was happening. Considering that I am very limited by what I can offer with this free forumotion forum, if we do not hear anything from the admins within a few more weeks, I may consider opening a new immortalchess with an offshore dedicated server.

Very kind of you chessgod.
Thanks so much.
avatar
centauro3000

Posts : 3
Points : 7
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-05-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  sudhirghotekar on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:51 am

Please count me in.

sudhirghotekar

Posts : 4
Points : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  joaquincel on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:46 am

Por medio de este foro quisiera contactarme con usuarios de immortalchess por via de email, ustedes me conocen he colaborado en el foro tanto con aportes de material como de efectivo para la compra de libros, ya que creo que esto es un ataque premeditado, tengo un tanto de desconfianza , lamentablemente el unico email que tenoia de un mienbro que se encargaba de juntar el dinero para comprar material ya no lo encuentro, quiero decirles que tengo gran cantidad de lo que se publico en immortal guardado, no podemos permitir que esto quede en la nada, son muchas horas de parte de gente que ha puesto esfuerzo, tiempo y dinero en pos de compartir material de nuestro amado juego, en honor a ellos debemos seguir adelante, esperemos unos dias a ver si los administradores pueden solucionarlo pero si no abrimos otro espacio, con todo lo que tenemos,veo por aca que se encuentra ish- mael, un gran forista Y MUCHOS OTROS, demos batalla por nuestro foro, si alguien se pone en contacto por privado paso mi email y empezamos , saludos y recuerden somos immortales¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

joaquincel

Posts : 2
Points : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  Future Jim on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:51 am

Thanks very much chessgod101.

I, too, offer any assistance in making this happen.

Future Jim

Posts : 30
Points : 45
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2016-12-07
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  Zaucube on Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi, maybe it has nothing to do with anything but a few weeks ago, well maybe 2 or 3 months ago, messages in red at the top of the sections saying no sharing of Komodo and things like that start to appear. It was not like that before, at least not that I know of. They must have received some kind of threats or something. I mean what's the point of immortal if it's not for sharing everything about chess. Anyway like many said it's also weird that they don't give any signs of live here or anywhere really. Can't wait to know what is really happening there, hope we find out sooner rather than later.
Ciao, Salut la compagnie!

Zaucube

Posts : 3
Points : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-02-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  sakeer on Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:10 pm

Before We Lost Chessindia.net, Now Immortalchess.net.
Dear ChessGod101, Thanks for Your Reply.
My Support

sakeer

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-10-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  chessblogger on Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:27 pm

Hello friends. Let's hope for the lesser evil, which would be a heavy technical issue.
However, in my opinion the running of a forum like immortalchess for a such long time is a miracle. Very easy to register, practically accessible to everyone and of course to the companies spies. It can't live til eternity. Let's pray that immortalchess will be back, but in any case, in future, the forum (or any other major sharing forum that will be created in the future) has to grant access only to the well known users/contributors. They will have the option to send, let's say every month, a limited number of invitations to trusted people and that's all. Access to everyone in the global chess communtiy, even if they move the server to an island of the Pacific Ocean that hasn't any antipiracy laws, is sentenced to death.
Greetings to all.


Last edited by chessblogger on Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

chessblogger

Posts : 4
Points : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  ticcel on Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:32 pm

1) Cyber attack, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/technology/ransomware-hackers.html
2) Mark Lefler (Komodo) or CB cause immortal shut down. ML had obtained a chess site to be shut.
3) New deterioration in the administrator's country. Thank you US. https://dnipress.com/

Domain info : https://www.reg.com/whois/?dname=immortalchess.net or https://www.reg.com/whois/?dname=immortalchess.net&pdf=1




ticcel

Posts : 10
Points : 0
Reputation : -10
Join date : 2014-12-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  fabiorfreitas on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:16 pm

sakeer wrote:Before We Lost Chessindia.net, Now Immortalchess.net.
Dear ChessGod101, Thanks for Your Reply.
My Support

I never even saw who got Chessindia
Hopefully Immortalchess won't be caught in the same fashion!

Friends, I'm also willing to help if needed to build a new place!

fabiorfreitas

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-06-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  sudhirghotekar on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:41 am

Can we select one of the chess site given in following link for our purpose?
http://chess-links.org/
Request for views from other members of immortal chess.
Thanks and regards
SUDHIR

sudhirghotekar

Posts : 4
Points : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2016-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  Black Lion on Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:21 am

Thanks a lot ChessGod101 Smile

Black Lion

Posts : 2
Points : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  vladimircaramnik on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:20 am

ticcel wrote:1) Cyber attack, https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/27/technology/ransomware-hackers.html
2) Mark Lefler (Komodo) or CB cause immortal shut down. ML had obtained a chess site to be shut.
3) New  deterioration in the administrator's country. Thank you US. https://dnipress.com/

Domain info : https://www.reg.com/whois/?dname=immortalchess.net or https://www.reg.com/whois/?dname=immortalchess.net&pdf=1




I remember someone was asking the immortal forum to ban lefler. He posted it in Komodo11.2 request thread. Unfortunately nobody understood what he was talking about. Now its clear.

vladimircaramnik

Posts : 4
Points : 5
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-03-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  kgnx on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:27 am

chessblogger wrote:Hello friends. Let's hope for the lesser evil, which would be a heavy technical issue.
However, in my opinion the running of a forum like immortalchess for a such long time is a miracle. Very easy to register, practically accessible to everyone and of course to the companies spies. It can't live til eternity. Let's pray that immortalchess will be back, but in any case, in future, the forum (or any other major sharing forum that will be created in the future) has to grant access only to the well known users/contributors. They will have the option to send, let's say every month, a limited number of invitations to trusted people and that's all. Access to everyone in the global chess communtiy, even if they move the server to an island of the Pacific Ocean that hasn't any antipiracy laws, is sentenced to death.
Greetings to all.
There was a forum with invitation only. I don't know how good that method is. The forum was eventually shutdown.

kgnx

Posts : 2
Points : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-05-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  Indianajones on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:33 am

Hi ChessGod101
Glad to hear that we are at least here although there are many who do not know anything about this forum.
I hope we can help rebuild the community from ground up.
For those of you who are familiar - I am willing to form a inner circle of friends so that there will be a self-sustaining community in any eventuality.
We can have layers so that it gets difficult to breach the inner circles.
Those who are not yet aware of this forum must be told by the ones here. This way everyone has one platform to atleast communicate in troubled times.
Lets hope we all get back in one piece.
Regards
Indy
avatar
Indianajones

Posts : 23
Points : 59
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2010-01-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  ayush100 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:44 am

i cant belive that immortal website has been closed forever it is just impossible may be it is isuing some server problems.sir do you really think that that great source of chess had been shuted down???

ayush100

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  chessblogger on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:06 am

kgnx wrote:
chessblogger wrote:Hello friends. Let's hope for the lesser evil, which would be a heavy technical issue.
However, in my opinion the running of a forum like immortalchess for a such long time is a miracle. Very easy to register, practically accessible to everyone and of course to the companies spies. It can't live til eternity. Let's pray that immortalchess will be back, but in any case, in future, the forum (or any other major sharing forum that will be created in the future) has to grant access only to the well known users/contributors. They will have the option to send, let's say every month, a limited number of invitations to trusted people and that's all. Access to everyone in the global chess communtiy, even if they move the server to an island of the Pacific Ocean that hasn't any antipiracy laws, is sentenced to death.
Greetings to all.
There was a forum with invitation only. I don't know how good that method is. The forum was eventually shutdown.

I agree that a forum with extremely limited access will die soon. And a forum with general free access to everyone will face the same fate. Common sense is needed to run a forum to the chess enthusiasts, with many members, but not to everyone who happens to fill a registration form.

chessblogger

Posts : 4
Points : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  Mechanize on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:10 am

Hi mates! Count on me for anything you need!

Mechanize

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  Guppy111 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:24 am

I would think that because of the non-existing news from immortalchessnet, that we probably wont see it again .......

I do agree that if it were tech problems, that the owner would have communicated something - at least it would be easy just to have a backup webpage saying "comming online soon" ....

Guppy111

Posts : 2
Points : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  noobalarm46434 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:48 am

i am devastated.  i owe everything from this forum, it was a paradise.  hopefully just server issues, although no updates make me worry
should there be a new place, i can share material, which is quite a bit. i was just a small contributor (130 rep), but thats nothing compared to others. i wanna give something back.

noobalarm46434

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Immortal!!

Post  Carlos Ylich on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:47 am

Hello Immortals!
I'm ready to help in what I can and know. I await a contact here.
We must join our brethren who are scattered.
Carlos Ylich
avatar
Carlos Ylich

Posts : 15
Points : 22
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2010-12-06
Age : 36
Location : Brasil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  alexbertoni on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:40 am

Hi

The forum experienced such problems a few years ago but after a few days things went right again. So let's not despair.
Yours.


alexbertoni

Posts : 2
Points : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  Future Jim on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:44 am

Indianajones wrote:Hi ChessGod101
Glad to hear that we are at least here although there are many who do not know anything about this forum.
I hope we can help rebuild the community from ground up.
For those of you who are familiar - I am willing to form a inner circle of friends so that there will be a self-sustaining community in any eventuality.
We can have layers so that it gets difficult to breach the inner circles.
Those who are not yet aware of this forum must be told by the ones here. This way everyone has one platform to atleast communicate in troubled times.
Lets hope we all get back in one piece.
Regards
Indy

It is good to see you here! I (common_man) share in your hope that things get back to normal.
Take care

Future Jim

Posts : 30
Points : 45
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2016-12-07
Age : 27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  yusevich on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:16 am

chessgod101 wrote:I contacted one of the former admins of immortalchess whom I happened to have in my skype contacts and his response was that he did not know what was happening. Considering that I am very limited by what I can offer with this free forumotion forum, if we do not hear anything from the admins within a few more weeks, I may consider opening a new immortalchess with an offshore dedicated server.

Thanks for your help and offer. I will do my best to help although I still believe that it's a temporary problem on Immortal Chess Forum which will be solved sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

yusevich

Posts : 2
Points : 4
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-07-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Immortalchess has been shut?

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum