chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Cerebellum book CONVERTOR

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cerebellum book CONVERTOR

Post  maelic on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:23 pm

Hi guys,

I decided to create a automatic convertor for everybody to use. This convertor will convert the Cerebellum book available from link below to polyglot book format (.bin) which most of other engines use as their own book (UCI option) and also to a PGN database so you could go through it yourself or build your own CTG book under Fritz GUI!

How to (readme file):
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Automated cerebellum to .bin polyglot to PGN database conversion

1) if don't have it already, install Python - python-3.6.2.exe - or download newer or more suitable version (more in NOTES C) )

2) insert into the folder 1 of these:
a) Cerebellum_Light.bin
b) asmBook.bin - if you already have the Cerebellum converted, just name the polyglot book 'asmBook' and you will get only PGN databases out of the process

3) run make.bat

4) result is asmBook.bin (polyglot format), cerebellum.pgn which containst all the lines cerebellum book is based on with their correct result and cerebellum-white + cerebellum-black fatabases which contain games only for white or only for black

5) enjoy!

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

NOTES:

A) You can use the cerebellum.pgn to create a CTG book under Fritz GUI or use it as a database and get statistics tree under HCE or
B) dump_book.bin is in fact a asmFishW_base.exe with added BOOK options - if you wish to build your own converter for faster conversion you can - just build your own asmFish and rename the file to 'dump_book'. Then replace the original file with your own.
C) You will need Python 3.6.2 (or other version, preferably newer) to run python script during the conversion. you can get it from following link or just google it.
https://www.python.org/downloads/

Automatic convertor:
Code:
http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/pbanl8oO/file.html

Site where you can find and download Cerebellum book:
Code:
http://www.zipproth.com/

If you could create some mirrors, that would be very nice from you Smile

EDIT: included Python installation
EDIT2: No need for newer CPUs

Last edited by maelic on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total

maelic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cerebellum book CONVERTOR

Post  AmOs 4EvEr on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 pm

I can not get PGN databases files.. "only asmBook.bin"  
Did anyone succeed?

I got errors with this program, not able to create pgn files.
AmOs 4EvEr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maelic on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:09 pm

@Amos 4ever
If you include a already converted polyglot book, it should reply "error occured: bad in file" since it skips the conversion from cerebellum format to polyglot and continue creating PGNs from said polyglot. The name of the book MUST be asmBook.bin though (or if you include original then Cerebellum_Light.bin, the conversion should take some time, do not expect it to be done in few seconds).

Also for some reason (don't ask me why) it does not work at all when run as admin - I was not able to resolve that sadly..

In your picture it does allocate space for book - it should go up to 320MB twice - once for white and once for black. Then it should generate the PGNs.

What does it do? Does it create any files at all?

EDIT: I solved it - during the conversion a python script is called - I did not realize most people would not have the means how to run it. You will need Python 3.6.2 from following liink:
Code:

I also edited the original post, included the windows installer into the package and updated readme file and describtion.

maelic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AmOs 4EvEr on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:41 pm

maelic wrote:@Amos 4ever
If you include a already converted polyglot book, it should reply "error occured: bad in file" since it skips the conversion from cerebellum format to polyglot and continue creating PGNs from said polyglot. The name of the book MUST be asmBook.bin though (or if you include original then Cerebellum_Light.bin, the conversion should take some time, do not expect it to be done in few seconds).

Also for some reason (don't ask me why) it does not work at all when run as admin - I was not able to resolve that sadly..

In your picture it does allocate space for book - it should go up to 320MB twice - once for white and once for black. Then it should generate the PGNs.

EDIT: I solved it - during the conversion a python script is called - I did not realize most people would not have the means how to run it. You will need Python 3.6.2 from following liink:
Code:

I also edited the original post, included the windows installer into the package and updated readme file and describtion.
In my forum we solved changing:
change call python convert-cerebellum.py to call convert-cerebellum.py
Code:

@echo off

call "dump_book.exe" brain2polyglot depth 1024 in "Cerebellum_Light.bin" out "asmBook.bin"

call polyglot dump-book -bin asmBook.bin -color white -out white-moves.txt
call polyglot dump-book -bin asmBook.bin -color black -out black-moves.txt

call convert-cerebellum.py

del white-moves.txt
del black-moves.txt
AmOs 4EvEr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maelic on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:50 pm

AmOs 4EvEr wrote:

Code:

Code:

@echo off

call "dump_book.exe" brain2polyglot depth 1024 in "Cerebellum_Light.bin" out "asmBook.bin"

del white-moves.txt
del black-moves.txt

That was enough? You don't need to install the python itself? Strange..

maelic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AmOs 4EvEr on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:52 pm

maelic wrote:
AmOs 4EvEr wrote:

Code:

Code:

@echo off

del white-moves.txt
del black-moves.txt

That was enough? You don't need to install the python itself? Strange..
yes after install python-3.6.2 Very Happy
AmOs 4EvEr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maelic on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:55 pm

AmOs 4EvEr wrote:

And was the change really needed then? The script works fine here without your change...

maelic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aryadew on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:01 pm

Well for what its worth I had no problems with the CONVERTER from good friend Maelic. I followed his 'how-to' and ended up with what was expected. Anyway thanks Maelic .. bounce

aryadew

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AmOs 4EvEr on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:15 pm

maelic wrote:
AmOs 4EvEr wrote:

And was the change really needed then? The script works fine here without your change...
I think you're right
change not really needed then
Maybe only python was missing
AmOs 4EvEr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von46 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:01 am

Thanks maelic great
on my pc dump_book.exe doesn't run (processor does not support BMI1) can i get different compile or source code.
please let me know if you need any help, i will be interested in working on this

von46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  maelic on Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:20 am

von46 wrote:Thanks maelic great
on my pc dump_book.exe doesn't run (processor does not support BMI1) can i get different compile or source code.
please let me know if you need any help, i will be interested in working on this

Solved Smile
Use this link:
Code:
http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/pbanl8oO/file.html

I also edited it into the original post.

maelic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  shrapnel on Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:40 pm

Easier way.
Just ask XsupremeX.
He will do it for you !
Very Happy

shrapnel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von46 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:25 am

it says asmfish(working), now i understand
Thanks for sharing Maelic  Smile

Last edited by von46 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total

von46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  von46 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:37 am

shrapnel wrote:Easier way.
Just ask XsupremeX.
He will do it for you !
Very Happy
If this message is for me
i'm interested to know converting of .bin to other formats, just not to get book Very Happy

von46

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another good software :D

Post  Thunderer on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:24 am

64 bit Wink gui no mess simple software to convert cerebellum to polyglot format
Code:
youtube.com/watch?v=cXVo1SpNvfA

Thunderer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top