chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Timman's Titans: My World Chess Champions - Jan Timman

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  jiri on Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Title and Author: Timman's Titans: My World Chess Champions - Jan Timman
Hardcover: 334
Publisher: New In Chess
Publication Date: September 2016
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9056916726
ISBN-13: 978-9056916725

Winner of the ECF Book of the Year Award 2017

The Stories and the Games: Alekhine * Euwe * Botvinnik * Smyslov * Tal Petrosian * Spassky * Fischer Karpov * Kasparov

For many years Jan Timman was one of the best chess players in the world. He combined his brilliant successes on the board with a passion for writing and meticulously analysing his own games and those of his rivals. Three times he was a World Championship Candidate and in 1993 he played in the final of the FIDE World Championship.

In this fascinating book, Jan Timman portrays ten World Chess Champions that played an important role in his life and career. Alexander Alekhine (1892-1946) he never met, but the story of how in Lisbon he bought one of the last chess sets belonging to the fourth World Champion is one of many highlights in this book.

Timman has a keen eye for detail and a fabulous memory, and he visibly enjoys sharing his insider views, including many revelations about the great champions. Timman’s Titans not only presents a personal view of these chess giants, but is also an evocation of countless fascinating episodes in chess history.

Each portrait is completed by a rich selection of illustrative games, annotated in the author’s trademark lucid style. Always to the point, sharp and with crystal-clear explanations, Timman shows the highs and lows from the games of the champions, including the most memorable games he himself played against them.

Jan Timman is a former world championship candidate who rose to the number two spot of the FIDE world rankings. He is the author of several highly acclaimed bestsellers, such as 'Curacao 1962', 'On the Attack!', 'Power Chess with Pieces' and 'The Art of the Endgame'.

Download

Password: immortal

PDF Version Text Searchable - 4.7Mb
Solidfiles
Timman’s Titans PDF.7z
https://www.solidfiles.com/v/p857j8pB655gv
Zippyshare
Timman’s Titans PDF.7z
zippyshare.com/v/dl89iJQS/file.html

EPUB Version - 6.8Mb
Solidfiles
Timmans Titans EPUB.7z