chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Books on Anatoly Karpov and Books by Anatoly Karpov

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Books on Anatoly Karpov and Books by Anatoly Karpov

Post  ardhitamus on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:02 am

Hello guys, I am a new member from Indonesia. I found this forum about one and a half month ago, and i was and still am very grateful for every chess material that you guys have posted. As token of appreciation and gratitude I have four books in a single RAR archive. You need password to unlock the files which you can find at the end of the post as well as the download link. ENJOY.

PASSWORD: gensunasumus
DOWNLOAD LINK: https://mega.nz/#!Y1EnXJQY!Vp94O9iQtkhASHBQ_Yp-y8DVEsccZfTxYkSr4YKlO6g

ardhitamus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Books on Anatoly Karpov and Books by Anatoly Karpov

Post  ChessCaissa on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:59 am

There are many more books about and by Karpov.
If anyone is interested, I can upload them.
By the way, it was Karpov's bad luck to have held the throne between two charismatic icons of the game, Fischer and Kasparov.
However, with the passing of time his greatness as a most accomplished positional champion becomes clearer and clearer, and a study of his games is most rewarding.
On the other hand, some of this books were apparently ghost-written, and are of low quality, unfortunately.

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Future Jim on Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:09 am

I recently received a copy of Chess is My Life, which was co-written along with Aleksandr Roshal (he probably wrote the entire book).

The book portrays Karpov is a very flattering light.  Almost sickening in its praise! The chapters regarding the 1974 Candidates' Final (especially, chapter 4) pretty much character assassinate Victor Korchnoi. No wonder he left the Soviet Union. Botvinnik is not very kind to Korchnoi in his comments either. Not a very fair portrayal considering Korchnoi lost by the slimmest margin, 12.5-11.5 in 1974.

A very disappointing read.

Future Jim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top