chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual-LaTeX

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Just MG on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Whilst there is nothing to do...Not sure if I am doing this right..
Here is a draft version of my LaTeX work
I WILL POST IT AT IMM when I can sign on
It is pdf 2.6MB
solidfiles(DOT)com/v/XGRr7YpRwk5rZ
When it first appeared, Dvoretsk's Endgame Manual was immediately recognized by novice and master alike as one of the best books ever published on the endgame. The third edition, revised and enlarged - now over 400 pages - covers all the most important concepts required for endgame mastery.

"I am sure that those who study this work carefully will not only play the endgame better, but overall, their play will improve. One of the secrets of the Russian chess school is now before you, dear reader!” - From the Foreword to the First Edition by Grandmaster Artur Yusupov

"Going through this book will certainly improve your endgame knowledge, but just as important, it will also greatly improve your ability to calculate variations… What really impresses me is the deep level of analysis in the book… All I can say is: This is a great book. I hope it will bring you as much pleasure as it has me.” - From the Preface to the First Edition by International Grandmaster Jacob Aagaard

Here's what they had to say about the First Edition:

"Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual ... may well be the chess book of the year... [It] comes close to an ultimate one-volume manual on the endgame.” - Lubomir Kavalek in his chess column of December 1, 2003 in the Washington Post.

"Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual is quite simply a masterpiece of research and insight. It is a tremendous contribution to endgame literature, certainly the most important one in many years, and destined to be a classic of the literature (if it isn't already one). The famous trainer Mark Dvoretsky has put together a vast number of examples that he has not only collected, but analysed and tested with some of the world's strongest players. This is a particularly important book from the standpoint of clarifying, correcting, and extending the theory of endings. Most of all, Dvoretsky's analysis is staggering in its depth and accuracy.” - John Watson, reviewing DEM at The Week In Chess

2003 Book of the Year - JeremySilman.com

2003 Book of the Year - Seagaard Chess Reviews: "This is an extraordinary good chess book. To call this the best book on endgames ever written seems to be an opinion shared by almost all reviewers and commentators. And I must say that I am not to disagree." - Erik Sobjerg

Edit:
I added the wrong link that isnt a link Wink
Just MG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual-LaTeX

Post  u2krazie on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:49 pm

As always, your LATEX creation is awesome.

Whenever you have the time, please post the final copy. I will await patiently.
u2krazie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hzsdy on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:59 am

u2krazie wrote:As always, your LATEX creation is awesome.

Whenever you have the time, please post the final copy. I will await patiently.

Perhaps he is very busy now.
Or you can have my link:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/4e20a4

hzsdy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dovretsky

Post  Just MG on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:42 am

Not sure what hzsdy it hitting at with his link or where it goes or what is on the other side there

With the draft I was hoping to catch errata before issuing a final copy plus i have a few little things to finish
Just MG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  u2krazie on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:58 am

Since I can't get into immortal, are you thirdtim on immortal? He always upload many excellent LATEX copies.

Immortal has so many generous, wonderful members..

Now that I am off from Immortal, I miss them and thank them for their generous contributions

Just MG wrote:Not sure what hzsdy it hitting at with his link or where it goes or what is on the other side there

With the draft I was hoping to catch errata before issuing a final copy plus i have a few little things to finish
u2krazie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:26 pm

yes thank you I am thirdtim3 there was mg at ChessIndia....I am many people at many places
Just MG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  u2krazie on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:00 pm

Many posts ago at Immortal, I remembered you posted your frustration that people didn't appreciate the quality of your work.

I and many others disagreed.

Now that immortal is off and many don't have access to it, I hope members will realize the significance of your work and contribution. I, for one, am very grateful of your time. And of course to many uploaders, reprocessors, creators, etc.

Just MG wrote:yes thank you I am thirdtim3 there was mg at ChessIndia....I am many people at many places
u2krazie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:17 pm

u2krazie wrote:Many posts ago at Immortal, I remembered you posted your frustration that people didn't appreciate the quality of your work.

I and many others disagreed.

Now that immortal is off and many don't have access to it, I hope members will realize the significance of your work and contribution. I, for one, am very grateful of your time. And of course to many uploaders, reprocessors, creators, etc.

My frustration wasn't about appreciation of the quality of my work....more as it was about the time it takes to make and people taking the 1/10th of a second to press a thank you button. Which is also the same amount of time it takes to click on a download link. The issue was the same at ChessIndia as it is there. 1 "thank you(pressed)" per 7 or 8 downloads. That tells me 1 in 8 appreciates the time I took to both create and to share. Maybe it is because I am geared a bit differently and I thank not only the original uploader but the new link provider or the reprocessor as well for his/her time.

Thank you for posting your appreciation! It helps.

Just MG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top