chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Go down

Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  jiri on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:04 am



Complete: the Opening Encyclopaedia 2018 features complete coverage of all opening areas on a single DVD and constitutes the best possible introduction to opening training.
Well informed: many renowned specialists in their own area of expertise have contributed to this Chess Base Opening Encyclopaedia, e.g. Avrukh, Berg, Gormally, Krasenkow, Kosintseva, Kuzmin, Marin, Moskalenko, Postny, Ribli, Rogozenko, Stohl, Sumets and Szabo.
Unique: club players regularly find in ChessBase Magazine’s up-to-date openings articles (introductory text + annotated games) exciting ideas for their repertoire. You can now find brought together on this single DVD all 1073 articles from over 17 years of ChessBase Magazine (up to and including the February 2018 issue)!
Crystal clear: for each of the 500 openings (according to the ECO-code) there is at least one opening survey; total number now is 6500. Out of those, more than 500 have been up-dated for this new edition of the encyclopaedia.

Inexhaustible: database with over 6.3 million, more than 85 500 games are annotated.

over 6.3 million games, all featuring ECO codes
more than 85 500 of them annotated
6450 opening surveys, many of which have been brought up to date
access to the games via the large opening key
1073 specialised theory databases
large opening book of all the games to give you a quick overview and statistics
new ChessBase Reader 2017 for access to the whole database

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5wjb7jejs9lmbc8/2018.zip
pw: immortal

Zippy mirror of joopsim's upload

coe18.7z.001
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/5ik9D7o4/file.html
coe18.7z.002
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/wtAA7P9D/file.html
coe18.7z.003
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/2AdfZUxD/file.html

Password: Share_the_file_not_the_links

This upload does not have the Opening book.
All credit and thanks to joopsim.



Zippy mirror of joopsim's upload



SetupOpeningEncyclopedia2018.zip.001
https://www98.zippyshare.com/v/g7cLXxQg/file.html

SetupOpeningEncyclopedia2018.zip.002
https://www29.zippyshare.com/v/xrFKJtc5/file.html

SetupOpeningEncyclopedia2018.zip.003
https://www84.zippyshare.com/v/zyWXg7JJ/file.html

SetupOpeningEncyclopedia2018.zip.004
https://www93.zippyshare.com/v/wD5X26uT/file.html

Thanks to joopsim for sharing this.


Mirror for ChessBase Opening Encyclopedia 2018.exe:

1.1 GB
http://dropmefiles.com/JippE
Many thanks to joopsim


jiri

Posts : 605
Points : 2935
Reputation : 1643
Join date : 2012-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WHAT'S THE PASSWORD?

Post  YobOjepse on Sat May 12, 2018 4:23 am

I downloaded the file and tried both the given "immortal" and "Share_the_file_not_the_links" passwords, and even added "immortalchess". Unfortunately, I keep getting wrong password each time I try to open the file with 7z. So what is the correct password, gentlemen?

YobOjepse

Posts : 4
Points : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  gambit_man on Sat May 12, 2018 5:05 am

YobOjepse wrote:I downloaded the file and tried both the given "immortal" and "Share_the_file_not_the_links" passwords, and even added "immortalchess". Unfortunately, I keep getting wrong password each time I try to open the file with 7z. So what is the correct password, gentlemen?

Hi,

Not sure about password for the single 1.1Gb dropmefiles download, but if you download the 3 part Zippyshare one the passowrd works. Am assuming you know this, but just in case - when you have a split archive like this first download all 3 parts  001, 002 and 003 and put them in the same folder before you try to extract.  Now use 7-Zip or Winrar to extract part 001 only and the rest will extract automatically. You do not need to extract part 002 and 003.

Password: Share_the_file_not_the_links

This passsowrd definitely works I just tested it. Best to re-type the password but if you copy & paste please be very careful make sure you do not include any spaces at the beginning or the end. It must be that exact phrase with no spaces.

Zippy mirror of joopsim's upload

coe18.7z.001
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/5ik9D7o4/file.html
coe18.7z.002
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/wtAA7P9D/file.html
coe18.7z.003
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/2AdfZUxD/file.html

Password: Share_the_file_not_the_links

gambit_man

Posts : 472
Points : 1291
Reputation : 776
Join date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT

Post  YobOjepse on Sat May 12, 2018 7:35 am

i finally figured out the password for the single 1.1Gb dropmefiles download. Unfortunately, I figured it out AFTER I have downloaded the 3-part Zippyshare one. The password is right there on the name of the downloaded file itself: 123. The file name is ChessBase Opening Encyclopedia 2018.exe_pass_123.zip. So there.  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  

gambit_man wrote:
YobOjepse wrote:I downloaded the file and tried both the given "immortal" and "Share_the_file_not_the_links" passwords, and even added "immortalchess". Unfortunately, I keep getting wrong password each time I try to open the file with 7z. So what is the correct password, gentlemen?

Hi,

Not sure about password for the single 1.1Gb dropmefiles download, but if you download the 3 part Zippyshare one the passowrd works. Am assuming you know this, but just in case - when you have a split archive like this first download all 3 parts  001, 002 and 003 and put them in the same folder before you try to extract.  Now use 7-Zip or Winrar to extract part 001 only and the rest will extract automatically. You do not need to extract part 002 and 003.

Password: Share_the_file_not_the_links

This passsowrd definitely works I just tested it. Best to re-type the password but if you copy & paste please be very careful make sure you do not include any spaces at the beginning or the end. It must be that exact phrase with no spaces.

Zippy mirror of joopsim's upload

coe18.7z.001
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/5ik9D7o4/file.html
coe18.7z.002
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/wtAA7P9D/file.html
coe18.7z.003
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/2AdfZUxD/file.html

Password: Share_the_file_not_the_links

YobOjepse

Posts : 4
Points : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dropmefiles link

Post  6thsep on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:31 am

Hello,

Is it possible for someone to reload the files in dropmefiles link?

Thanks in advance Smile

6thsep

Posts : 3
Points : 3
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-11-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  jiri on Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:02 pm

6thsep wrote:Hello,

Is it possible for someone to reload the files in dropmefiles link?

Thanks in advance Smile



Opening Encyclopedia 2018.ctg (2.5Gb Compressed - 7.9Gb extracted)

First download all 6 parts and put them in the same folder before you try to extract. Now use 7-Zip or Winrar to extract part 001 and the rest will extract automatically. You do not need to extract part 002 - 006.

Zippyshare
OE 2018.7z.001 https://www19.zippyshare.com/v/ccdVZ5OX/file.html
OE 2018.7z.002 https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/6euprRWt/file.html
OE 2018.7z.003 https://www4.zippyshare.com/v/4MQOpYrv/file.html
OE 2018.7z.004 https://www43.zippyshare.com/v/0mrZONDg/file.html
OE 2018.7z.005 https://www15.zippyshare.com/v/j26wkFvL/file.html
OE 2018.7z.006 https://www47.zippyshare.com/v/nynN6StZ/file.html

Huge thanks to joopsim for the original upload and to PaulieD for creating the book and uploading it.

Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book (EXE Set Up File) - 835Mb
First download both parts 001 and 002 and put them in the same folder before you try to extract. Now use 7-Zip or Winrar to extract only part 001 and the rest will extract automatically. You do not need to extract part 002.

Password = i love indianajones&gauravsingh
(Best to re-type the password but if you copy & paste please be very careful make sure you do not include any spaces at the beginning or the end, before reporting that the password doesn't work ! )

Solidfiles
OE 2018 Book.7z.001 https://www.solidfiles.com/v/V4Zgej666RWVm
OE 2018 Book.7z.002 https://www.solidfiles.com/v/dkgABrvXXq7Pk
OR
Zippyshare
OE 2018 Book.7z.001 https://www17.zippyshare.com/v/DqS4gOVD/file.html
OE 2018 Book.7z.002 https://www105.zippyshare.com/v/jmmh1cgC/file.html

NOTE ON INSTALLATION: This is the setup file. Download, extract and double click to run the EXE file and it will install the Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book. Assuming you let it install in the default location than after it has completed you will find the book in your folder: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Chessbase\Books. In there will be the following files directly within the "Books" folder - I am pointing this out in case anyone looks for an automatically created sub folder called "Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book" as you won't find one:


gambit_man

jiri

Posts : 605
Points : 2935
Reputation : 1643
Join date : 2012-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

reload links

Post  Edinho on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:49 am

Could anyone please reload the links for the file:
Opening Encyclopedia 2018.ctg

I could only get the opening tree (which is already quite useful).

Edinho

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-08-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  gambit_man on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:40 am

Edinho wrote:Could anyone please reload the links for the file:
Opening Encyclopedia 2018.ctg

I could only get the  opening tree (which is already quite useful).

Hi,

What exactly are you after ? The .ctg IS the opening tree (ctg opening book). All of the links in thee above post are for the ctg opening tree (book). Are you after links for the actual OE 2018 database itself rather than the book ?

gambit_man

Posts : 472
Points : 1291
Reputation : 776
Join date : 2010-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  hoomy on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:52 am

jiri wrote:
6thsep wrote:Hello,

Is it possible for someone to reload the files in dropmefiles link?

Thanks in advance Smile



Opening Encyclopedia 2018.ctg (2.5Gb Compressed - 7.9Gb extracted)

First download all 6 parts and put them in the same folder before you try to extract. Now use 7-Zip or Winrar to extract part 001 and the rest will extract automatically. You do not need to extract part 002 - 006.


Huge thanks to joopsim for the original upload and to PaulieD for creating the book and uploading it.

Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book (EXE Set Up File) - 835Mb
First download both parts 001 and 002 and put them in the same folder before you try to extract. Now use 7-Zip or Winrar to extract only part 001 and the rest will extract automatically. You do not need to extract part 002.

Password = i love indianajones&gauravsingh
(Best to re-type the password but if you copy & paste please be very careful make sure you do not include any spaces at the beginning or the end, before reporting that the password doesn't work ! )

NOTE ON INSTALLATION: This is the setup file. Download, extract and double click to run the EXE file and it will install the Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book. Assuming you let it install in the default location than after it has completed you will find the book in your folder: C:\Users\Name\Documents\Chessbase\Books. In there will be the following files directly within the "Books" folder - I am pointing this out in case anyone looks for an automatically created sub folder called "Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book" as you won't find one:


gambit_man

First of all awesome upload very much appreciated.
Second I downloaded the firs set of 6 links.
So I assume the by not downloading the second exe file I'm not missing on anything?

hoomy

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-08-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  santhosh00330 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Thanks for nice upload..
Can someone provide link for good tutorial on how this can be better used for teaching kids ...Or is there any youtube videos available....I tried, but couldn't find a better one...

santhosh00330

Posts : 21
Points : 25
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2018-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

To be continued...

Post  jiri on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:27 pm



analiz gamesCollection.rar
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/197f3166


jiri

Posts : 605
Points : 2935
Reputation : 1643
Join date : 2012-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  rickystevano on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:07 pm

jiri wrote:

analiz gamesCollection.rar
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/197f3166


why the name encyclopedia of opening errors?

rickystevano

Posts : 155
Points : 181
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-11-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  jiri on Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:28 pm

rickystevano wrote:
jiri wrote:

analiz gamesCollection.rar
https://www.datafilehost.com/d/197f3166


why the name encyclopedia of opening errors?

analiz gamesCollection
DOWNLOADED 565 TIMES
File Name:
analiz gamesCollection.rar
100.96 MB
Ok,

jiri

Posts : 605
Points : 2935
Reputation : 1643
Join date : 2012-04-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  Sangsisu on Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:28 am

old files are off

Sangsisu

Posts : 4
Points : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  TheBluesBrother on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:07 pm

I just installed Opening Encyclopedia 2018, when I go and look at the database I cannnot view any games all I see is a blank database.

What am I doing wrong?

Mike.

TheBluesBrother

Posts : 17
Points : 23
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  Sangsisu on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:38 pm

generally: type " .ctg " to googlesearch and you will find the programms who can open this kind of file.

In this case you can use ChessbaseReader2017 and Chessbase14

Sangsisu

Posts : 4
Points : 4
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  TheBluesBrother on Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:40 pm

I have Fritz 16 and chessbase reader installed, the file is there, I just cannot view any games.
I do not have this problem with anyother .ctg database, very confusing.

I now realise you cannot view .ctg files, I just wanted to know what games made up the database

Mike.

TheBluesBrother

Posts : 17
Points : 23
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Difference between Opening Encyclopedia 2018.ctg and Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book?

Post  Cerebus on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:41 pm

What is the difference between:
Opening Encyclopedia 2018.ctg and Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book?

Once extracted, should Opening Encyclopedia 2018.ctg be saved in the same folder which was created by Opening Encyclopedia 2018 Book?

Cerebus

Posts : 2
Points : 2
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  Antipodas on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:25 pm

TheBluesBrother wrote:I have Fritz 16 and chessbase reader installed, the file is there, I just cannot view any games.
I do not have this problem with anyother .ctg database, very confusing.

I now realise you cannot view .ctg files, I just wanted to know what games made up the database

Mike.

Has the huge database an problem (8.5GB)? I can´t see the games, only the ctg. book . The file extractor OE2018.exe is ok
Anyone can to see it?
Thx

Antipodas

Posts : 1
Points : 1
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Opening Encyclopedia 2018

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum