chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Goi opening book

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goi opening book

Post  kramnik on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 am

Built using asmFish, BrainFish, Stockfish 9 and CFish on very powerful high-end rented servers, Goi 4.4 update 2 BIN version contains 9.196.874 positions, 500.000 more than update 1, from the very beginning until sometimes the ending of the game. In average you will reach 30-40 moves from the start (that is 60-80 plies).

The update n.2 of the 4.4 CTG version is alot stronger than its CTG counterparts (Medulla, Vitamin, Chessbase Powerbook et cetera), what is more surprising is the limited size of this book (83.2 MB), fueled by only powerful variants.

The second update of the 4.4 version is a killer: it outmatched any other top book, such as Cerebellum, Medulla or Vitamin kid. The Goi book, with previous hence weaker versions, has already won against other engines opening book like Chessbase Powerbook 2018, Chessbase Strongbook 2018, Hiarcs 14x and 14y. This book has been 5 times leader in the SCCT book championship and in these four times in a row and it's actually the champion.

Goi 4.4 BIN (update 2) vs Medulla 310518 BIN (on asmfish 160618):

Goi 4.4 BIN (update 2) +15
Medulla 310518 BIN  +1

101 Games

Goi 4.4 BIN (update 2) vs Vitamin kid n4g.9b (on asmfish 160618):

Goi 4.4 BIN (update 2) +11
Vitamin kid n4g.9b   +4

195 Games

Goi 4.4 CTG (update 2) vs Medulla CTG 310518 Competition Edition (on asmfish 210618):

Goi 4.4 CTG (update 2) +14
Medulla CTG 310518 Competition Edition  +3

79 Games

Goi 4.4 CTG (update 2) vs Vitamin kid n4g.9b (on asmfish 210618):

Goi 4.4 CTG (update 2) +14
Vitamin kid n4g.9b +2

91 Games

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi 5 opening book

Post  kramnik on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Goi 5 opening books:

This new release includes a new way to make the book: for the first time I didn't only make and select powerful games through very powerful servers, but I also use them in analysis to correct some wrong/weak line. The result is impressing, as you may see in the benchmark subsection.

I have to admit that wasn't an easy work both because of the strength of my opponents and for a strange instability of the engines in selecting moves in deep search: the most of the times I came back with the lines and they gave totally different moves, but after a while going forth and back I've always found the point in which the score was in my favour, so I was able to correct all the mistakes in the lines and I've even discovered that there were weak lines also in the Cerebellum book. Streethawk07 gave me the idea, sending back some wrong lines of the past versions. After having passed all the tests, Playchess 2500 ELO engines room score included, I've decided to release the book.

For the first time I've introduced Raubfisch both in the making process and in the deep analysis of the variants, seen its latest strong enhancement that places it at the first place as top strongest chess engine. I'd be glad to host it on my website so that anyone can enjoy for free this incredible chess engine (little note for the great authors Frank Karl Werner and Max Fehler).

The programs used to make Goi 5 are: asmFish, BrainFish, CFish, Raubfisch and Stockfish 9 on both very powerful high-end rented servers and my computer.

Usually the variants have 50-80 plies in depth (so 25-50 moves White + Black). With Goi 5 you can reach a very advanced state of the game with a great position, even if you don't have a machine with a powerful processor. Its lines go from the very beginning until sometimes the ending of the game.

Thanks for the precious help to: Black Queen, Zagor Almanah, coffeeone.

- Goi 5 CTG contains 4.238.388 positions (size: 274 MB)

- Goi 5 BIN contains 8.770.285 positions (size: 133 MB)

The BIN distribution can be used with the Chessbase softwares with the following engines: Komodo, Houdini, Brainfish, CFish, asmFish, Raubfisch, Toltec, SugaR XPrO. It can be used also in Arena with (I guess) the same engines, although it can only be used as engine book. Goi 5 BIN works also on Android with Droidfish. You will find below the instructions on how to use a Polyglot book (BIN) with the mentioned engines.

The CTG distribution works with any engine possible with the Chessbase softwares (hence the official Stockfish too) and with the Aquarium interface. It can also be used with the Droidfish Android app as opening book.

IN WHAT CONSISTS THE NEW GOI 5 PROCEDURE?

-----------------------------------------

Goi 5 GOLD 3rd update:

The days after the SCCT championship were all a continuous "rebuild, test, debug, rebuild, test, debug". Very fatiguing and boring... But evenctually I managed to succeed to be the strongest one again. The main problem this time wasn't Vitamin, but the new Caudine Fork 1977 of my countryfellow Pippo. That book had alot of very good lines, I've noticed them while I made it play against the Goi 5 GOLD prototypes.

How to defeat Vitamin is not anymore a secret to me, since it has alot of weak spots, but Caudine Forks was an almost total new book (tried once an old version the past year, if I recall correctly...)

So here we go: Goi 5 GOLD 3rd update.

To the subscribers and the other ones that must get this book for free: your personalized folders have been emptied from the older version, expect the update in the next day.

For anyone else: you can have this book only by making a subscription, or wait the next days for Goi 5.1. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the transition time has finally arrived, so the one buying my books now will receive also the next version for free (Goi 5.1).

Goi 5 GOLD 3rd update is sized 203 megabytes and it contains 13.342.480 positions.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Goi opening book

Post  kramnik on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:48 pm

BENCHMARKS:

Goi 5 GOLD vs Vitamin 12 (on asmFish 180724):

Download here the games archives in Chessbase and PGN format.

The settings of Goi 5 GOLD were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

The settings of Vitamin 12 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 40, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5 GOLD vs CaudineForks 1977.13.09 (on asmFish 180724):

The settings of Goi 5 GOLD were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

The settings of CaudineForks 1977.13.09 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 150, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 100.

Goi 5 BIN vs Medulla 310518.bin (on Raubfisch X38d3a):

The settings of Goi 5 BIN were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

The settings of Medulla 310518.bin were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

Goi 5 BIN vs Cerebellum light 180728 (on Raubfisch X38d3a):

The settings of Cerebellum light 180728 were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

Goi 5 BIN vs Vitamin kid 10 (on Raubfisch X38d3a):

The settings of Vitamin kid 10 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 40, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5 CTG vs Cerebellum light 180728 (on Brainfish 180818):

The settings of Goi 5 CTG were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 500.

The settings of Cerebellum light 180728 were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 255.

Goi 5 CTG vs Vitamin kid 11 (on Cfish 110818):

The settings of Goi 5 CTG was: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 500.

The settings of Vitamin kid 11 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 40, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Goi5 GOLD 2ndupdate https://www.datafilehost.com/d/698daaae

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi 5.1 BIN

Post  kramnik on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Goi 5.1 BIN vs Sahtekar (on Stockfish Polyglot 201018):

This test has been conducted on a computer having cpu Intel i7-4771. In particular: same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, four cores for each engine,128 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Goi 5.1 BIN were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.
- The settings of Sahtekar were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 127 (=40%), Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 BIN vs Vitamin 13 (on asmFishWCP 2018-10-08):

This test has been conducted on an average laptop computer. In particular: same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, two cores for each engine, 64 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Vitamin 13 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 127 (=40%, as suggested by tacos40), Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 BIN tournament with multiple books (on asmFishWCP 2018-09-29):

This test has been conducted on an average laptop computer. In particular: same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, two cores for each engine, 128 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Cerebellum light 180728 were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.
- The settings of CaudineForks 1977.13.09 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 140, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 100.
- The settings of Vitamin 12 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 40, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.
- The settings of Hiarcs 14za were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 50, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 500.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  neiio on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Good job posting this Smile Wink does anyone have other good .bin books?
neiio

View user profile http://notiz.jp/

Back to top Go down

in ctg format?

Post  crosby87 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:43 am

kramnik wrote:Goi5 GOLD 2ndupdate https://www.datafilehost.com/d/698daaae

crosby87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:35 am

crosby87 wrote:
kramnik wrote:Goi5 GOLD 2ndupdate https://www.datafilehost.com/d/698daaae

Sorry, I didn't release the GOLD version in CTG because this kind of book is too few requested. Goi 5.1 CTG will be most probably the last version.

The second update of Goi 5 GOLD is free because there was a third update of the book.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

GOI 5.1 BIN HAS WON THE SEDAT CHESS XX BOOK CHAMPIONSHIP!

Post  kramnik on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:37 am

My book has come back to the first place with a large score edge towards the other books. Pity the newest Medulla and Hiarcs 14zb didn't participate... At MZChess they celebrated when Pippo's Caudine Forks book took over mine for a while but, as we say here, "the one who really laugh is the one who laugh at the end". I wouldn't mind if Pippo's book won the tournament, he deserves because he's a great bookmaker. What is really important here is the distance between my book and Vitamin 13.

Now you have a third party's proof that my tests are legit!

Link: https://sites.google.com/site/computerschess/scct-book-cs-xx-results.

Games: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vidlmj3njxmuweb/scct_cs_20.7z/file.

Here you can buy the book: https://chess.massimilianogoi.com/shop/goiopeningbook/

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBluesBrother on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:54 am

I purchased the Goi bin opening book version 5.1 for Arena from Massimiliano and was impressed.

Mike.

TheBluesBrother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:09 pm

TheBluesBrother wrote:I purchased the Goi bin opening book version 5.1 for Arena from Massimiliano and was impressed.

Mike.

Thank you very much, Mike. Write me a PM here, I have something for you.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi 5.1 CTG

Post  kramnik on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm

This was my last challenge about CTG books (unless I'll get at leat 10 preorders for the next version, as I've said), and as always it wasn't easy, mostly because my opponents kept to switch book versions.
But this time, managing now very well the Goi 5 technique, it was also amusing. With the latest CTG compilation I didn't lose a single game on Playchess, even with the strongest opponents! Except a single game today for... time (?)...
I guess those at Playchess should fix this time issue related to the delay of their server, the position was even in my favour... Anyway, there you go:

Goi 5.1 CTG:

It contains the most fresh lines from the most powerful computer games > 2480 in the Zagor Almanah Playchess tournament, the almost entire 2018 repertoires of two strong Playchess players (one of them at the top between the strongest), my latest games on Playchess, with the lost games corrected, the SCCT XX tournament games, the matches with the nowadays top books, some thousands games from my rent Xeon E7 (coffeeone) server et cetera...

The result is an average sized book (172 MB), having 2.389.034 positions. The lines are very, very strong. So strong that I had to botch some interesting opening made by Grand Masters like Aronian, in order to beat the other books... On the other hand this has opened my eyes: I have checked the Mega Database 2018 for that opening and with that black move I have botched the white statistically won.

Another interesting thing is that I have inserted some trick advised by the IM Sergio Durán Vega to enhance the performance.

The book was tested several days on Playchess, in which I kept my elo score above 2500. You can have fun by set up matches between books, but if you want the real thing you must test your book in the Playchess arena, where there is always some big fighter like Leonidas or SASSY MUFFIN ready to destroy your games. I've survived to them these days.

As last release, Goi 5.1 CTG must be something special: this book will be subdivided in three updates, I will experiment alot in the further time. And a special book comes with a special price.

Depending on how the sales will go I will decide the future of this very website, I have alot of things in mind, but I have also personal issues to face off.

tacos40 said: "I think books like Goi5.1 o CF1977 are very strong with other engines, instead of Raubfisch", so I thought to make the whole benchmark tests on Raubfisch. Result: the same, if not even worst for the other books...

Benchmarks:

Goi 5.1 CTG vs Caudine Forks 1977-25.10.18 (on Raubfisch X39d3b2):

Same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, four cores for each engine, 128 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Goi 5.1 CTG were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.
- The settings of Caudine Forks 1977-25.10.18 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 150, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 CTG vs Hiarcs 14zb (on Raubfisch X39d3b2):

Same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, four cores for each engine, 128 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Goi 5.1 CTG were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.
- The settings of Hiarcs 14zb were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 147, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 CTG vs Vitamin13 n6s3h RC7 21oct2018 (on Raubfisch X39d3b2):

- The settings of Vitamin13 n6s3h RC7 21oct2018 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 127, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top