chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Goi opening book

Go down

Goi opening book Empty Goi opening book

Post  kramnik on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:42 am

Built using asmFish, BrainFish, Stockfish 9 and CFish on very powerful high-end rented servers, Goi 4.4 update 2 BIN version contains 9.196.874 positions, 500.000 more than update 1, from the very beginning until sometimes the ending of the game. In average you will reach 30-40 moves from the start (that is 60-80 plies).

The update n.2 of the 4.4 CTG version is alot stronger than its CTG counterparts (Medulla, Vitamin, Chessbase Powerbook et cetera), what is more surprising is the limited size of this book (83.2 MB), fueled by only powerful variants.

The second update of the 4.4 version is a killer: it outmatched any other top book, such as Cerebellum, Medulla or Vitamin kid. The Goi book, with previous hence weaker versions, has already won against other engines opening book like Chessbase Powerbook 2018, Chessbase Strongbook 2018, Hiarcs 14x and 14y. This book has been 5 times leader in the SCCT book championship and in these four times in a row and it's actually the champion.

Goi 4.4 BIN (update 2) vs Medulla 310518 BIN (on asmfish 160618):

Goi 4.4 BIN (update 2) +15
Medulla 310518 BIN  +1

101 Games

Goi 4.4 BIN (update 2) vs Vitamin kid n4g.9b (on asmfish 160618):

Goi 4.4 BIN (update 2) +11
Vitamin kid n4g.9b   +4

195 Games

Goi 4.4 CTG (update 2) vs Medulla CTG 310518 Competition Edition (on asmfish 210618):

Goi 4.4 CTG (update 2) +14
Medulla CTG 310518 Competition Edition  +3

79 Games

Goi 4.4 CTG (update 2) vs Vitamin kid n4g.9b (on asmfish 210618):

Goi 4.4 CTG (update 2) +14
Vitamin kid n4g.9b +2

91 Games

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty Goi 5 opening book

Post  kramnik on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Goi opening book Goi_5_opening_book

Goi 5 opening books:

This new release includes a new way to make the book: for the first time I didn't only make and select powerful games through very powerful servers, but I also use them in analysis to correct some wrong/weak line. The result is impressing, as you may see in the benchmark subsection.

I have to admit that wasn't an easy work both because of the strength of my opponents and for a strange instability of the engines in selecting moves in deep search: the most of the times I came back with the lines and they gave totally different moves, but after a while going forth and back I've always found the point in which the score was in my favour, so I was able to correct all the mistakes in the lines and I've even discovered that there were weak lines also in the Cerebellum book. Streethawk07 gave me the idea, sending back some wrong lines of the past versions. After having passed all the tests, Playchess 2500 ELO engines room score included, I've decided to release the book.

For the first time I've introduced Raubfisch both in the making process and in the deep analysis of the variants, seen its latest strong enhancement that places it at the first place as top strongest chess engine. I'd be glad to host it on my website so that anyone can enjoy for free this incredible chess engine (little note for the great authors Frank Karl Werner and Max Fehler).

The programs used to make Goi 5 are: asmFish, BrainFish, CFish, Raubfisch and Stockfish 9 on both very powerful high-end rented servers and my computer.

Usually the variants have 50-80 plies in depth (so 25-50 moves White + Black). With Goi 5 you can reach a very advanced state of the game with a great position, even if you don't have a machine with a powerful processor. Its lines go from the very beginning until sometimes the ending of the game.

Thanks for the precious help to: Black Queen, Zagor Almanah, coffeeone.

- Goi 5 CTG contains 4.238.388 positions (size: 274 MB)

- Goi 5 BIN contains 8.770.285 positions (size: 133 MB)

The BIN distribution can be used with the Chessbase softwares with the following engines: Komodo, Houdini, Brainfish, CFish, asmFish, Raubfisch, Toltec, SugaR XPrO. It can be used also in Arena with (I guess) the same engines, although it can only be used as engine book. Goi 5 BIN works also on Android with Droidfish. You will find below the instructions on how to use a Polyglot book (BIN) with the mentioned engines.

The CTG distribution works with any engine possible with the Chessbase softwares (hence the official Stockfish too) and with the Aquarium interface. It can also be used with the Droidfish Android app as opening book.

IN WHAT CONSISTS THE NEW GOI 5 PROCEDURE?

-----------------------------------------

Goi 5 GOLD 3rd update:

The days after the SCCT championship were all a continuous "rebuild, test, debug, rebuild, test, debug". Very fatiguing and boring... But evenctually I managed to succeed to be the strongest one again. The main problem this time wasn't Vitamin, but the new Caudine Fork 1977 of my countryfellow Pippo. That book had alot of very good lines, I've noticed them while I made it play against the Goi 5 GOLD prototypes.

How to defeat Vitamin is not anymore a secret to me, since it has alot of weak spots, but Caudine Forks was an almost total new book (tried once an old version the past year, if I recall correctly...)

So here we go: Goi 5 GOLD 3rd update.

To the subscribers and the other ones that must get this book for free: your personalized folders have been emptied from the older version, expect the update in the next day.

For anyone else: you can have this book only by making a subscription, or wait the next days for Goi 5.1. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the transition time has finally arrived, so the one buying my books now will receive also the next version for free (Goi 5.1).

Goi 5 GOLD 3rd update is sized 203 megabytes and it contains 13.342.480 positions.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty Re: Goi opening book

Post  kramnik on Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:48 pm

BENCHMARKS:

Goi 5 GOLD vs Vitamin 12 (on asmFish 180724):
Goi opening book Goi5GOLDvsVitamin12

Download here the games archives in Chessbase and PGN format.

The settings of Goi 5 GOLD were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

The settings of Vitamin 12 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 40, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5 GOLD vs CaudineForks 1977.13.09 (on asmFish 180724):
Goi opening book Goi5GOLDvsCaudForks

The settings of Goi 5 GOLD were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

The settings of CaudineForks 1977.13.09 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 150, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 100.

Goi 5 BIN vs Medulla 310518.bin (on Raubfisch X38d3a):
Goi opening book Goi5vsmed310518.bin

The settings of Goi 5 BIN were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

The settings of Medulla 310518.bin were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

Goi 5 BIN vs Cerebellum light 180728 (on Raubfisch X38d3a):
Goi opening book Goi5vscer180728

The settings of Cerebellum light 180728 were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.

Goi 5 BIN vs Vitamin kid 10 (on Raubfisch X38d3a):
Goi opening book Goi5vsvitamin10

The settings of Vitamin kid 10 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 40, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5 CTG vs Cerebellum light 180728 (on Brainfish 180818):
Goi opening book Goi5CTGvscer180728

The settings of Goi 5 CTG were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 500.

The settings of Cerebellum light 180728 were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 255.

Goi 5 CTG vs Vitamin kid 11 (on Cfish 110818):
Goi opening book Goi5CTGvsvitamin11

The settings of Goi 5 CTG was: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 500.

The settings of Vitamin kid 11 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 40, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Goi5 GOLD 2ndupdate https://www.datafilehost.com/d/698daaae

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty Goi 5.1 BIN

Post  kramnik on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Goi 5.1 BIN vs Sahtekar (on Stockfish Polyglot 201018):
Goi opening book Goi51binvssahtekar

This test has been conducted on a computer having cpu Intel i7-4771. In particular: same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, four cores for each engine,128 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Goi 5.1 BIN were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.
- The settings of Sahtekar were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 127 (=40%), Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 BIN vs Vitamin 13 (on asmFishWCP 2018-10-08):
Goi opening book Goi51binvsvit13

This test has been conducted on an average laptop computer. In particular: same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, two cores for each engine, 64 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Vitamin 13 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 127 (=40%, as suggested by tacos40), Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 BIN tournament with multiple books (on asmFishWCP 2018-09-29):
Goi opening book Goi5.1binbenchmark

This test has been conducted on an average laptop computer. In particular: same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, two cores for each engine, 128 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Cerebellum light 180728 were: Best book move: disabled, BookDepth: 100.
- The settings of CaudineForks 1977.13.09 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 140, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 100.
- The settings of Vitamin 12 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 40, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.
- The settings of Hiarcs 14za were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 50, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 500.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  neiio on Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Good job posting this Smile Wink does anyone have other good .bin books?
neiio
neiio

View user profile http://notiz.jp/

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty in ctg format?

Post  crosby87 on Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:43 am

kramnik wrote:Goi5 GOLD 2ndupdate https://www.datafilehost.com/d/698daaae

crosby87

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:35 am

crosby87 wrote:
kramnik wrote:Goi5 GOLD 2ndupdate https://www.datafilehost.com/d/698daaae

Sorry, I didn't release the GOLD version in CTG because this kind of book is too few requested. Goi 5.1 CTG will be most probably the last version.

The second update of Goi 5 GOLD is free because there was a third update of the book.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty GOI 5.1 BIN HAS WON THE SEDAT CHESS XX BOOK CHAMPIONSHIP!

Post  kramnik on Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:37 am

Goi opening book SCCTBooksXX

My book has come back to the first place with a large score edge towards the other books. Pity the newest Medulla and Hiarcs 14zb didn't participate... At MZChess they celebrated when Pippo's Caudine Forks book took over mine for a while but, as we say here, "the one who really laugh is the one who laugh at the end". I wouldn't mind if Pippo's book won the tournament, he deserves because he's a great bookmaker. What is really important here is the distance between my book and Vitamin 13.

Now you have a third party's proof that my tests are legit!

Link: https://sites.google.com/site/computerschess/scct-book-cs-xx-results.

Games: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vidlmj3njxmuweb/scct_cs_20.7z/file.

Here you can buy the book: https://chess.massimilianogoi.com/shop/goiopeningbook/

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  TheBluesBrother on Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:54 am

I purchased the Goi bin opening book version 5.1 for Arena from Massimiliano and was impressed.

Mike.

TheBluesBrother

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:09 pm

TheBluesBrother wrote:I purchased the Goi bin opening book version 5.1 for Arena from Massimiliano and was impressed.

Mike.

Thank you very much, Mike. Write me a PM here, I have something for you.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty Goi 5.1 CTG

Post  kramnik on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 pm

This was my last challenge about CTG books (unless I'll get at leat 10 preorders for the next version, as I've said), and as always it wasn't easy, mostly because my opponents kept to switch book versions.
But this time, managing now very well the Goi 5 technique, it was also amusing. With the latest CTG compilation I didn't lose a single game on Playchess, even with the strongest opponents! Except a single game today for... time (?)...
I guess those at Playchess should fix this time issue related to the delay of their server, the position was even in my favour... Anyway, there you go:

Goi 5.1 CTG:

It contains the most fresh lines from the most powerful computer games > 2480 in the Zagor Almanah Playchess tournament, the almost entire 2018 repertoires of two strong Playchess players (one of them at the top between the strongest), my latest games on Playchess, with the lost games corrected, the SCCT XX tournament games, the matches with the nowadays top books, some thousands games from my rent Xeon E7 (coffeeone) server et cetera...

The result is an average sized book (172 MB), having 2.389.034 positions. The lines are very, very strong. So strong that I had to botch some interesting opening made by Grand Masters like Aronian, in order to beat the other books... On the other hand this has opened my eyes: I have checked the Mega Database 2018 for that opening and with that black move I have botched the white statistically won.

Another interesting thing is that I have inserted some trick advised by the IM Sergio Durán Vega to enhance the performance.

The book was tested several days on Playchess, in which I kept my elo score above 2500. You can have fun by set up matches between books, but if you want the real thing you must test your book in the Playchess arena, where there is always some big fighter like Leonidas or SASSY MUFFIN ready to destroy your games. I've survived to them these days.

As last release, Goi 5.1 CTG must be something special: this book will be subdivided in three updates, I will experiment alot in the further time. And a special book comes with a special price.

Depending on how the sales will go I will decide the future of this very website, I have alot of things in mind, but I have also personal issues to face off.

tacos40 said: "I think books like Goi5.1 o CF1977 are very strong with other engines, instead of Raubfisch", so I thought to make the whole benchmark tests on Raubfisch. Result: the same, if not even worst for the other books...

Benchmarks:

Goi 5.1 CTG vs Caudine Forks 1977-25.10.18 (on Raubfisch X39d3b2):

Goi opening book Goi51ctgvscf1977

Same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, four cores for each engine, 128 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Goi 5.1 CTG were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.
- The settings of Caudine Forks 1977-25.10.18 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 150, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 CTG vs Hiarcs 14zb (on Raubfisch X39d3b2):

Goi opening book Goi51ctgvshiarcs

Same engine cloned, 'Permanent Brain' disabled, four cores for each engine, 128 MB of hash table, game 1 minute.

- The settings of Goi 5.1 CTG were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.
- The settings of Hiarcs 14zb were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 147, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 CTG vs Vitamin13 n6s3h RC7 21oct2018 (on Raubfisch X39d3b2):

Goi opening book Goi51ctgvsvit13

- The settings of Vitamin13 n6s3h RC7 21oct2018 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 127, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:55 pm

https://chess.massimilianogoi.com/shop/goiopeningbook/

Finally the update n.2 of the Goi 5.1 CTG opening book has been completed. The book is a database of 27.667.695 moves and it's sized 2 gigabytes... quite a huge book!

This update has been made and conceived at first as an experiment because I wanted to try something new, but I didn't expect such a success in terms of score, the book performed great against the competitors, both free and private, as you can see in the Benchmaks subsection... most probably it's the adding of so much lines more.

Results may vary, yes, so if you have a CPU system much faster than my i7-4771 (for example a Dual Xeon) you may want to shorten the variants length to something like 25 instead of 100. 25 is the averate move length with which I used the best computers on rent in the Cloud Room to create new variants and correct the wrong ones (providers: night hawk, ducu7, nitemoves and coffeeone).

I apologize for the delay, but I have preferred to postpone of some day the publishing instead of giving you a product with some big flaw... I have limited at my best the "bad lines" (that aren't THAT bad, but bring to a losing position on competitions between computers, especially strong ones with alot of processors).

Better to be meticulous so that you can trust my book at best; remaining evenctual errors in the book will be welcomed if reported, as usual, although I'm pretty sure to have built a solid opening database.

I have to thank for the greatest part my opponent website MZChess for having provided hundreds thousands of raw games and Sedat Chess for other dozens thousands high quality games, that were then filtered, corrected, verified and if necessary even deleted.

As I have already mentioned in past times, the 5.1 version will be my last release on competition books, at least for a while... After this update a minor one will follow next, then I will focus on other projects chess related and non-chess related and on my private life.

Stats:

Goi opening book Goi51ctgstats

Benchs:

Goi 5.1 CTG update 2 vs Fauzi 1.6 (on Cfish 2019-01-08 64 BMI2):
Goi opening book Goi51ctgvsfauzi16
- The settings for both Goi 5.1 CTG update 2 and Fauzi 1.6 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 3, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 50, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 500.

Goi 5.1 CTG update 2 vs Vitamin14 n6s3m8_RC6_04dic2018 (on Cfish 2019-01-08 64 BMI2):
Goi opening book Goi51ctgupd2vsvit14
- The settings of Vitamin 14 were: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 141, Influence of learn value: 47, Learning strength: 0.

Goi 5.1 CTG update 2 vs Medulla BIN October 2018 (on Cfish 2019-01-08 64 BMI2):
Goi opening book Goi51ctgvsmedoct
- The settings of Medulla BIN October 2018 were: BestBookMove disabled, BookDepth: 100.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:54 pm

Goi 5.1 CTG update 3.

February, 6 2018:

So, the time of the final update has arrived. This is the last book/update I will make for a long while.

I've thought this time it would have been easier ("a minor update" I said...) but since I've decided to participate to the SCCT tournament with this book I've made tons of tests and corrections in order to overcome any other main book.

My previous update had gaps in the A28 opening and "weak" lines in the Semi-Slav... For the first issue I've selected some thousands A28 games from powerful Playchess computers, for the second one it was a work with tests and correction of lost games with deep analysis (aka Goi 5 technique) modifying the opening tree, often with my favourite cloud suppliers: ducu7 and night hawk. Both of them are great, ducu7 is the best match between power of processor (48 threads) and price.

It wasn't easy to make best of all the books: sometimes I killed Vitamin but I lost with Power Of South Sumatera, other times I killed Caudine Forks, other times I got killed by Caudine Forks, others again my prototype lost in the Playchess room... it was a big work until I've corrected any error (I hope) and I was able to have a stable Elo score around 2500 on Playchess.

What's more, IM Sergio Duràn Vega on the last minute suggested me a move for the White against the Sicilian Defense that left me impressed... I was mouth and eyes opened as CFish signed advantage for White... then I've decided to rent the night hawk computer and let it analyze that position for 5-10 minutes... Later I've discovered there were other 2 moves good for White, worthing to be marked as green.
This International Master is not only a man with a solid theorical preparation, but he has also smart points of view and suggestions on the economical plan.

I'm very satisfied with this book... Most probably it's the strongest one I've ever made since now. I'm also satisfied because I'm mastering the way to refine/tune/colour/mark the CTG books better and better.

Now I will take a looong pause before to start to build other competitions books, I will focus on other projects, non-chess related and chess related such as The Oak.

Benchmarks:

Goi 5.1 CTG update 3 cumulative test results (on Stockfish 2019-02-02 64 BMI2):

Goi opening book Goi5.1CTGupdate3

Settings for Goi 5.1 CTG update 3: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 10, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 0.
- Settings for Hiarcs 14zcBook: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 50, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 500.
- Settings for CaudineForks1977 10-01-19: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 100, Variety of play: 151, Influence of learn value: 100, Learning strength: 77.
- Settings for Vitamin14_n6s3m9_RC7_06dic2018: Tournament book: ticked, Minimum games: 0, Up to move: 70, Variety of play: 141, Influence of learn value: 45, Learning strength: 0.
- The settings of Power Of South Sumatera 22-10-19: BestBookMove disabled, BookDepth: 100.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty Goi 5.1 CTG update 2 and Goi 5.1 BIN for free.

Post  kramnik on Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:22 pm

As any customer was updated with a newer update (Goi 5.1 CTG update 3 and Goi 5.1 BIN update1), I can give for free Goi 5.1 CTG update 2 and Goi 5.1 BIN as a trial for anyone who wants to get a look into my books or use them:

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginelu on Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:24 am

kramnik wrote:As any customer was updated with a newer update (Goi 5.1 CTG update 3 and Goi 5.1 BIN update1), I can give for free Goi 5.1 CTG update 2 and Goi 5.1 BIN as a trial for anyone who wants to get a look into my books or use them:

Thank you very much, Mr. Massimiliano! Offer books, but also tips, explanations, etc. All the respect!

Ginelu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:15 pm

You're welcome. I try to do my best for the community.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty Goi 6 opening book.

Post  kramnik on Thu May 30, 2019 2:47 pm

Goi opening book Goi6

Goi 6 opening book

This is an innovative book.

After the hard defeat on the last SCCT tournament, and seeing through it, I've decided to completely change the way in which I produce the Goi book.
Cerebellum lines are by now obsolete so I've decided to get rid of them. The previous Goi book wasn't a merging of Cerebellum + minibook, it was the product of a dissected Cerebellum (BIN to PGN) then reassembled, reordered and selected in some criteria, hence not a mere Cerebellum clone as someone accused...

With the upcoming of Attacker Pro and the growth of Vitamin in strength plus the Playchess best players private books I've realized the Goi 5 technique wasn't enough anymore to be on the top again. Goi 5.1 CTG was an experiment, I wanted to see how a book full of lines performed... it performed very bad at the SCCT tournament despite my huge dedication on it; it was a good book for Playchess, though. Anyway, the new 1.c4 killing lines on Playchess didn't permit Goi 5.1 to survive anymore, so I've decided to restart everything from scratch again and create a totally new book, hence the new version 6.

All these years of bookmaking and testing brought me to realize that the game is decided since the very first moves, as the engines have almost the same strength. Or better, a good book can allow you to win or at worst to not be beaten. The idea of a light book with incredibly powerful lines came into my mind then.

My vision wasn't wrong: during the time of betatesting Goi 6 got rid time after time of any other opponent.

I had in mind to select the games of the best players 1-0, 0-1 and create a base matrix, in which to lay down any other powerful game I selected.

Try to image my book like an onion: it's composed by a multitude of layers, first the top won games, then the top draw games, then my top players kibitzed games, then the engine tournament games > 2500, then my played games with the prototypes, then again kibitzed games, then again other engine tournament games > 2500, and so on. Create a new mini-book and merge it with the base prototype, then modify the lines where the errors lie. This for something like more than one hundred times. It was amazing but it required times, as you may have noticed. Many lines used by best players were improvable or even wrong, and this was inherited in my first beta version, so I had to manually correct them and test them myself both in books tournament and in the battlefield.

I had the idea to start a betatesting made not only by me, having few time, but anyone wanting to help me... Clearly I couldn't allow the book to leak out so easily (otherwise all my efforts would have been vane), so I decided to set up a reduced price for the betatesters to try it.

This testing thing didn't work, though, as people just "bought the book" without giving me almost any feedback or lost game, exception made for my partner Deiby L., which I thank so much. He sent me hundreds games played by his AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX from both Playchess gaming and private tournaments with other books.

I then tuned the CTG book with wins and losses and corrected the lost games using Cfish or asmfish on my dear night hawk machine on the Fritz Cloud room (or ducu7, but mostly night hawk).

This time the fun was great because by now I have fully grasped the mastery of chess bookmaking, so it was easy for me to correct any flaw I encountered and accentuate the lines in which my book was beating the other players/books.

Last but not least, since the stupid Fritz bug to play sometimes moves outside the book and making lose the game, I had to use an unconventional (and syntactically wrong) way to mark the moves on the lines I have analyzed (!green -> move to do, ?!red -> any other move to not do). For this reason Goi 6 is not a book for study, be CTG or BIN, this is just a book for competitions.

Goi opening book Goi6annotation

The fact that I forced the moves allowed me to vary the book parameters: variety of play is not anymore the minimum, but 70. In this way I got rid of infinitely drawing against Vitamin. Learning strength is different now too, 500 (the maximum), in the hope the book can learn from its evencutal losses.

I recommend you to NOT use Houdini, Komodo or Lc0 with this book as they are very weak compared to the Stockfish clones, unless you have a very, very powerful hardware and Lc0. The recommended engines for rapid games and average-high end CPUs are asmfish, Eman, Brainfish, Stockfish, Stockfish Polyglot and so on. I guess Goi 6 will have great result also with Cfish, CF_EXT, CorChess, McCain.

SX_Pro is suffering from some serious bug these times, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks to:

Exxon, Leonidas, Sarissa, SASSY_MUFFIN, Ivers and Stables for having indirectly given me the material for the base matrix.

The MZChess forum for having constantly provided Playchess and Infinitychess tournaments.

Deiby L. for sending me hundreds of played games.

night hawk for renting his 80 threads beast for critical lines correction, a very beautiful engine.

My loyal customers.

Anyone who funded this project.

Link: https://chess.massimilianogoi.com/shop/goiopeningbook/.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobb on Fri May 31, 2019 1:11 am

I'm just wondering if I understand this new version right. So Version 5 had 27M positions and now with Version 6 it has a condensed 500K position but with better results?

bobb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:15 pm

bobb wrote:I'm just wondering if I understand this new version right. So Version 5 had 27M positions and now with Version 6 it has a condensed 500K position but with better results?

Exactly. Quantity doesn't mean always quality. I have decided to get rid of many unused lines, plus the new book now will reach in average the move #30, that is enough to decide the game.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Goi opening book Empty 06-06-19: GOI 6 HAS WON THE XIV SCCT BOOKS TOURNAMENT!

Post  kramnik on Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:33 pm

Goi opening book SCCTBooksXIV

Games and details.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  QFMax on Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:43 am

Good performance! Too bad we have no comparison with the latest version of Caudineforkss and Vitamin Surprised

QFMax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bobb on Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:29 pm

kramnik wrote:
bobb wrote:I'm just wondering if I understand this new version right. So Version 5 had 27M positions and now with Version 6 it has a condensed 500K position but with better results?

Exactly. Quantity doesn't mean always quality. I have decided to get rid of many unused lines, plus the new book now will reach in average the move #30, that is enough to decide the game.

Thanks Kramnik.

One more question. I downloaded the CorChess engine but not sure which 64bit one I should use. I run on 2 old XEON X5472 3.0 Ghz 3000Mhz 4 cores for a total of 8 cores and on Windows 10

bobb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kramnik on Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:54 am

QFMax wrote:Good performance! Too bad we have no comparison with the latest version of Caudineforkss and Vitamin Surprised

The comparision is this tournament, although, let's be honest, the Vitamin version was not the last one, and I guess Caudineforks too.

bobb wrote:
kramnik wrote:

Thanks Kramnik.

One more question. I downloaded the CorChess engine but not sure which 64bit one I should use. I run on 2 old XEON X5472 3.0 Ghz 3000Mhz 4 cores for a total of 8 cores and on Windows 10

The BMI2 should work. Try that one.

kramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down