chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Chess Course for absolute Beginners and their Coaches - Rodolfo Pardi

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chess Course for absolute Beginners and their Coaches - Rodolfo Pardi

Post  ChessCaissa on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 am

This ebook is based on the course held during the winter of 2014-15 at UTE Milan, Italy. The twelve students were seniors aged from 60 to 75 with no previous knowledge of the game of chess. Some of them knew how to play draughts, but this made the task more difficult as the technique for playing draughts cannot be applied to that of chess. The target was to become acquainted with basic techniques, learn tactics and elementary strategy in order to play a decent game.
As this is not a reading book, one must follow the lessons and complete the exercises. Just one lesson per day to assure progress is recommended.
A coach would be very useful, as the printed words cannot encompass all the necessary information. In case of any doubts, please feel free to contact the address provided.
With one exception all the seniors attended all the classes. At the end of the course two students were able to play a decent game without being overwhelmed in just a few moves. One student renounced, and the remaining members will not be at a level to attend serious tournaments, but they are enjoying the game. For me this is a success. Later four students in the 40 to 50 age range finished the same course taking 6 one and a half hour lessons, and at the fourth lesson were already able to play at the level of the senior students.
To learn how to place pieces in the initial position, how they move and capture and what a checkmate is, it takes a quarter of an hour: this allows you to play and enjoy the game all your life. No need for a method, a course, an instructor. And to play no chess club is needed, it's enough for you to go to any specialized web site. When I classified as an official class B player, 1500 Elo and it's not easy, I did not knew even what is contained in the first lesson, and for me Sicilian was just a girl from South Italy.

Product details
File Size: 3927 KB
Print Length: 179 pages
Publisher: Gatteria; 1b edition (November 17, 2015)
Publication Date: November 17, 2015
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
Language: English
ASIN: B01862TLZS

Link (PDF):
http://rgho.st/7S5LW9tyj

Thanks to Indianajones! sunny

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top