chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Kasparov - My Story - Video Series

Go down

Kasparov - My Story - Video Series

Post  ChessCaissa on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:30 am

When Garry Kasparovâ's video set My Story first came out in five parts on VHS tape several years ago, it took the chess world by storm. Here was the world champion himself recounting his career highs and lows, analyzing games and sharing some of his most personal thoughts with the viewer. These tapes have now been converted to and are available on DVD.

All five of the My Story DVDs!

Part 1: By the age of 12 Garry was the Junior Champion of the mighty USSR, the youngest ever. Back then fashion bowed to the immaculate safety-first style of the reigning titan Anatoly Karpov. Along came young Kasparov, raging onto the scene and riding some new contraption called glasnost. His style - brash, energetic and aggressive took the chess world by storm and reinvented the standard for future generations of chess players. (approximate running time: 104 minutes)

Part 2: If one element characterized the games of teenage Garry Kasparov, it was the whirlwind aggression of his play. By 1981, though still a tender 18 years of age, his ferocious talent demanded that he clear ever-higher hurdles. Now it was time to take on the grown-ups, and for him this meant one thing - the world elite. (Approximate running time: 113 minutes)

Part 3: A close look at Garry Kasparov's career reveals a remarkable amount of sheer brinkmanship. At a time when the Soviet Union was wired with paranoia and run by invisible connections, the winds of political change were beginning to stir and the brash renegade Kasparov would be in the right place at the right time to capitalize on the new climate. (Approximate running time: 86 minutes)

Part 4: The shadows of political intrigue would threaten to do what no chess player could manage - to eliminate Garry from the hunt for the World Title. And when the long awaited confrontation between Karpov and Kasparov arrived, it turned out to be the most remarkable and controversial match ever played. (approximate running time: 110 minutes)

Part 5: On the eve of the most important game he would ever play, Garry Kasparov sought the advice of legends Botvinnik and Tal. If Kasparov succeeded, he would take Tal's place as the youngest World Champion in history. Was this another one of Garry's magic numbers? (Approximate running time: 89 minutes)

These five DVDs trace Kasparov's career, from the time he won the USSR Junior Title at age 12, his dramatic entrance on the international chess scene and culminates with the second match against Karpov in which he won the world championship.

Jim Plaskett prods Garry for answers in an entertaining way, adding clarity and depth to the champion's responses. Some have called this a video version of Kasparov's best games. You will call it over 8 1/2 hours of chess at its video best.

Link (tiny size, 256 mb):
https://www114.zippyshare.com/v/41hJcszU/file.html

Password: CAISSA

Thanks to blackwine and ishmael! sunny

NOTE For some reason, the quality of this tiny sized series is lower than most other such files I have uploaded here, but it is still very watchable and enjoyable! Please let me know whether you agree, and whether you think a much larger sized full video is worth posting.

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kasparov - My Story - Video Series

Post  HeavenlyGlory on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:26 am

larger sized full video is worth posting, hell yes, but the files down already What a Face

HeavenlyGlory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  tippi771 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:00 am

HeavenlyGlory wrote:..hell yes, but the files down already What a Face

Chess is: if one move doesn't work, try another one :p . Here, copy and paste doesn't work, but if you click on the link, it works Smile
This is also suggested by the look of the link: It looks like if it is clickable..

tippi771

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimircaramnik on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:02 pm

ChessCaissa wrote:When Garry Kasparovâ's video set My Story first came out in five parts on VHS tape several years ago, it took the chess world by storm. Here was the world champion himself recounting his career highs and lows, analyzing games and sharing some of his most personal thoughts with the viewer. These tapes have now been converted to and are available on DVD.

All five of the My Story DVDs!

Part 1: By the age of 12 Garry was the Junior Champion of the mighty USSR, the youngest ever. Back then fashion bowed to the immaculate safety-first style of the reigning titan Anatoly Karpov. Along came young Kasparov, raging onto the scene and riding some new contraption called glasnost. His style - brash, energetic and aggressive took the chess world by storm and reinvented the standard for future generations of chess players. (approximate running time: 104 minutes)

Part 2: If one element characterized the games of teenage Garry Kasparov, it was the whirlwind aggression of his play. By 1981, though still a tender 18 years of age, his ferocious talent demanded that he clear ever-higher hurdles. Now it was time to take on the grown-ups, and for him this meant one thing - the world elite. (Approximate running time: 113 minutes)

Part 3: A close look at Garry Kasparov's career reveals a remarkable amount of sheer brinkmanship. At a time when the Soviet Union was wired with paranoia and run by invisible connections, the winds of political change were beginning to stir and the brash renegade Kasparov would be in the right place at the right time to capitalize on the new climate. (Approximate running time: 86 minutes)

Part 4: The shadows of political intrigue would threaten to do what no chess player could manage - to eliminate Garry from the hunt for the World Title. And when the long awaited confrontation between Karpov and Kasparov arrived, it turned out to be the most remarkable and controversial match ever played. (approximate running time: 110 minutes)

Part 5: On the eve of the most important game he would ever play, Garry Kasparov sought the advice of legends Botvinnik and Tal. If Kasparov succeeded, he would take Tal's place as the youngest World Champion in history. Was this another one of Garry's magic numbers? (Approximate running time: 89 minutes)

These five DVDs trace Kasparov's career, from the time he won the USSR Junior Title at age 12, his dramatic entrance on the international chess scene and culminates with the second match against Karpov in which he won the world championship.

Jim Plaskett prods Garry for answers in an entertaining way, adding clarity and depth to the champion's responses. Some have called this a video version of Kasparov's best games. You will call it over 8 1/2 hours of chess at its video best.

Link (tiny size, 256 mb):
https://www114.zippyshare.com/v/41hJcszU/file.html

Password: CAISSA

Thanks to blackwine and ishmael! sunny

NOTE  For some reason, the quality of this tiny sized series is lower than most other such files I have uploaded here, but it is still very watchable and enjoyable!  Please let me know whether you agree, and whether you think a much larger sized full video is worth posting.

Hello,

May I ask for the full dvd version of this? I want to watch it in our flat screen tv. Thanks alot.

vladimircaramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

RE

Post  Blundervich1 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Ohhh, I haven't seen this - would be great if you could post the HD version if possible, thanks cheers

Blundervich1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vladimircaramnik on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:06 am

Hello. Please reupload the full DVD. Thanks.

vladimircaramnik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down