chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

"Most amazing moves" by Simon Williams (CBFT as MP4 Videos)

Go down

"Most amazing moves" by Simon Williams (CBFT as MP4 Videos)

Post  ChessCaissa on Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:28 am

Video running time: 5 hours 30 minute
With interactive training including video feedback

39 mp4-files
225 MB:
https://dropmefiles.com/ccFWe

Password: CAISSA

Thanks to lg280349 and to ishmael! sunny

“Players die, tournaments are forgotten, but the works of great artists are left behind them to live on forever.“ - Mikhail Tal's amazing moves have the power to enlighten both the heart and soul of any chess player. Like the paintings of a master or the timbre of a symphony, amazing chess moves can appeal to players in a wholly aesthetic way. This interactive DVD guides the viewer through some of the most beautiful and amazing chess moves in early to modern chess. The interactive format encourages the viewer to study and find the brilliancy, following the footsteps of some of the greatest players of the game. Moves taken from openings, middlegames and endgames are looked at. They contain tactical brilliancies alongside heuristic violations, material sacrifice and positional shockers. Can you think like one of the old legends of chess or indeed like one of the new geniuses?

Simon Williams: Most Amazing Moves

Review by Diana Mihajlova

In his greeting words at the start, Simon says cheerfully: ‘It was a lot of fun for me doing this DVD’. I am sure it would be as much fun for the audience, who would look through the amazing chess moves presented in this video. Five and a half hour of uninterrupted fun!

No chess player, beginner or more advanced, can remain unmoved when seeing the magic of human mind at work on the chess board. And dreaming … why, I could play that myself! That is how easy and obvious these moves appear – once revealed. But that is how unfathomable the apparent simplicity and geniality of the human mind is.

After savouring these chess brilliancies you are bound to be inspired, your bravery flared, and your outlook emboldened, so that you would approach the chess board next time with mind flexed to produce your own masterpiece. Well, dreaming can be productive.

This is a DVD to be kept at your side at all times. Running through it at one go would be wonderful mind gymnastics coupled with artistic beauty, but its usefulness does not stop there. One should return to it time and again. In good as well as at bad times. It would always provide mental respite and awake new optimism. Yes, it would be that beneficial! At least to those who hold that winning a game is not the only object: what brings a real sense of achievement and satisfaction is winning it as beautifully as possible.

Williams tells us further: ‘I enjoy looking at brilliant moves in chess more than I enjoy other artistic pursuits like looking at Mona Lisa or maybe listening to some lovely classical music…’ In other words, he is letting us know that chess is his favourite form of art. And in the video, this statement is given full credentials. The chosen examples cannot be found by the tactical prowess of computers but are product of human, mental creativity.

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Most amazing moves" by Simon Williams (CBFT as MP4 Videos)

Post  dulcinian on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:10 am

Many, many thanks!!! Smile Razz bounce
dulcinian

View user profile

Back to top Go down