chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Nikolay Minev - Mastering Tactical Ideas

Go down

Nikolay Minev - Mastering Tactical Ideas Empty Nikolay Minev - Mastering Tactical Ideas

Post  ChessCaissa on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:29 am

PDF (7.7 mb):
https://www42.zippyshare.com/v/rfqzgeg5/file.html

Thanks to xyzjos, anloc and yusevich! sunny

A reader's review:
"As someone who is having a hard time improving my chess tactics, I found Minev's "Mastering Tactical Ideas" to be a godsend. By presenting tactical ideas from full games rather than just in "puzzle" format, Minev has created an instructive, interesting, and entertaining games collection. The book has over 200 full-length games, with just enough comments and annotations to help you understand what's going on.

The chapters are organized by "piece": The Pawn, The Rook, etc. And each chapter has subchapters based on a particular theme (i.e., The Kamikaze Pawn in the Pawn chapter, or The Lineal Mate in the Rook chapter).

The games themselves are in algebraic notation, and NOT all are grandmaster games. There is a good mix of games from Masters, IMs, and amateurs. The ones I personally find most interesting are the grandmaster vs amateur games. It always amazes me to see how a grandmaster takes advantage of the smallest details which I wouldn't notice myself!

In short, highly recommended for anyone who is trying to improve their tactical abilities or is looking for a nice collection of games with a lot of "WOW!" moments."

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nikolay Minev - Mastering Tactical Ideas Empty Re: Nikolay Minev - Mastering Tactical Ideas

Post  dulcinian on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:31 am

Thanks!!! Razz bounce
dulcinian
dulcinian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum