chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Chess Books by Andrew Soltis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chess Books by Andrew Soltis

Post  ChessCaissa on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:54 am

I have promised to upload this collection for a while, and a large number of people have expressed interest, so here is the collection, finally.
Soltis is one of the most prolific and popular chess authors of our time. In my opinion, the quality of his theoretical works, with a few notable exceptions (for instance, PAWN STRUCTURE CHESS, a legendary minor classic) is uneven, ranging from good to mediocre, but his historical and biographical books (e.g. on Soviet chess, Lasker, Botvinnik and Pillsbury) are often excellent. Also, unlike many other chess writers, Soltis (a journalist by profession) also writes well, and his books are more comprehensible and enjoyable that those of the average author of chess books. He has wit, a sense of humor and an understanding of the needs of the general chess reading public.

I have not had time to tidy up this collection, let alone make a list of the books, so there are some problems here, such as duplication of the same book, in several formats or editions.

Link (1.11 gb unpacked):
https://dropmefiles.com/lNOBy

Password: CAISSA

Thanks to the original uploaders, mostly (but not exclusively) at ChessIndia and Immortalchess! sunny

This huge file is not likely to survive for long, perhaps not longer than a day or two. If you are at all interested, please download quickly, because it will be very difficult to upload the file again. IN MY VIEW, THIS IS A REAL TREASURE FOR CHESS FANS IN GENERAL, AND FOR COLLECTORS OF CHESS BOOKS IN PARTICULAR! DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADD THIS BUNDLE TO YOUR CHESS LIBRARY! ENJOY! cheers

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Chess Books by Andrew Soltis

Post  dulcinian on Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:55 pm

Many, many thanks!!! Razz bounce
dulcinian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Votary23 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:26 am

Thanks Caissa

Votary23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  trane99 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:54 am

Thanks a lot

trane99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cant go to dropmefiles

Post  gbsalvio on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:32 am

Is it possible to upload this file to another site? I can not access dropmefiles

gbsalvio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top