chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

The 3...Qd8 Scandinavian: Simple and Strong

Go down

The 3...Qd8 Scandinavian: Simple and Strong

Post  ChessCaissa on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:39 am

PDF (5.2 mb):
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/IiR16tZJ/file.html
http://rgho.st/7RWf8Z6xW

Thanks to Manumona! sunny

The first and only book on the less popular of Black moves in the Scandinavian, but it is at least as good as the French Fort Knox. Of course, you must be patient and accept a slight space disadvantage, but many white players tend to subestimate black's resources and only remember Robatsch's slaughter at the hands of Bobby Fischer!

Amazon Blurb by GM Izoria

What's Old Is New - and Surprisingly Strong! The world's oldest opening variation, 3...Qd8 in the Scandinavian Defense, has resurfaced in the last decade to give players at all levels a winning edge. Whether you prefer a sharp tactical game or slower positional maneuvering, the 3...Qd8 Scandinavian provides a genuine alternative for club players and grandmasters seeking to play for a win from the outset. Elite players such as Michael Adams, Josif Dorfman, Kiril Georgiev and Julian Hodgson, among others, have successfully raised the banner of the 3...Qd8 Scandinavian. As the author demonstrates, this variation's doubtful reputation is undeserved. It is completely playable - and easy to learn! 3...Qd8 is not the ugly duckling sibling of 3...Qa5 and 3...Qd6 - it is a superb alternative. "Dan's a strong player, but he's an even stronger teacher. The book sparkles with practical insight, lucidly explained.” International Grandmaster Zviad Izoria

I am posting this book "under protest": I play the Scandinavian and I am convinced that in this opening the queen belongs on a5! On the other hand, "variety is the spice of life..."

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 3...Qd8 Scandinavian: Simple and Strong

Post  camerasrepairman on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:35 pm

ChessCaissa wrote:PDF (5.2 mb):

many thanx!

camerasrepairman

View user profile

Back to top Go down