chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF

Go down

Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF Empty Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF

Post  jiri on Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:05 pm

Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF Ce4ed410

This is not my scan or reprocess. Here is the popular Alburt & Co., Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF

https://www5.zippyshare.com/v/G26OVR2N/file.html

document with VERY extensive bookmarks (and modifications noted below). This highly acclaimed work is based on the classic Russian "From Beginner to Master" course developed over many years. Chess players of any rating should find this a valuable reference for training and review.

At over 2800 pages, this task took a very long time to complete, but I believe it is worthwhile for the following reasons. Although the CCC contains excellent teaching material, it was not easy to use in its previous electronic form. For example, the Table of Contents and Indexes (both of which do not exist in all volumes) are not paginated. In fact, some of these books lack any pagination at all. Many lessons, questions and exercises require review of previous material and diagrams sometimes difficult to find. Likewise, specific books, e.g., Just The Facts!  Winning Endgame Knowledge In One Volume, reference and require materials (problems, cases, or diagrams) found in previous volumes. Having all Books bookmarked in one volume allows the easy location and use of chapters/sections/subsections, cases, diagrams, exercises/solutions and cross-references.

(1) The complete 8 Volume course has been combined into 1 PDF document;
(2) The books were placed in the order published with one exception – the two Chess Training Position Pocket books, with 300 and 320 positions, were keep together and placed at the end. This is consistent with Alburt's statement that these positions may be studied at any time or order;
(3) Each Volume is bookmarked in a different color so that the reader clearly knows which book is being used;
(4) All Chapters/Sections/Subsections in Table of Contents bookmarked;
(5) All Cases/Exercises noted in Table of Contents bookmarked;
(6) All Exercises/Solutions bookmarked;
(7) All Training Positions and Solutions bookmarked;
(Cool Important "Principles" highlighted in the text bookmarked;
(9) All Diagrams bookmarked;
(10) Editorial errors in numbering Diagrams were also noted in bookmarks. For example, "The King in Jeopardy" Lessons 2, 4, and 5 Exercises Diagrams are inconsistently numbered. In Lesson 2, Exercise Diagrams 93-104 were numbered as 1-12; Lesson 4 Exercise Diagrams 202-214 were numbered as 1-12; and Lesson 5 Exercises Diagrams 261-272 were numbered as 1-12. I consider these "errors" for two reasons. First, the following chapters correctly numbered subsequent Diagrams as 105 and 215 respectively (ignoring the mistaken 1-12 exercise renumbering). Second, this practice was inconsistent to the diagram numbering used by the editors throughout the 8 volume course;
(11) "Chess Training Pocket Book II 320 Key Positions For Players Of All Levels" page 78 was by mistake "landscaped" (and therefore unreadable) since the rest of the pages were in "portrait" mode. Page 78 was therefore corrected by rotating it 90 degrees; and
(12) All Blank pages were deleted;

Notes: Insofar as I am aware, the latest editions of all books are included with the exception of "Chess Strategy For The Tournament Player." The latter book has a 2nd edition which I was unable to find on this forum or the web. I am unaware whether the second edition offers substantial changes. Second, "Chess Training Pocket Book II  320 Key Positions For Players Of All Levels" has pages which, although readable, are of inferior quality: 10, 24, 30-32, 35, 37, 43, 53, 63, 128, 139, 142, 145, 147-148, 152, 162, 168, 173-174, 176, 178, 182, 185, 192, 199, and 202. Perhaps these two issues may be addressed in the future.

Due to the excellent scanning and reprocessing work of others, the combined document is less that 35 Mb in size very reasonable for 8 books. The documents were already optimized (thanks Paulied!) and I was unable to further reduce the size. Please do not forget to give the Scanners,

Thank you,

jiri

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF Empty Re: Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF

Post  camerasrepairman on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:32 pm

jiri wrote:Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF Ce4ed410

thanks a lot jiri!!!!

camerasrepairman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF Empty THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! +1

Post  manosecreta on Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:52 pm

jiri wrote:Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF Ce4ed410

This is not my scan or reprocess. Here is the popular Alburt & Co., Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF

https://www5.zippyshare.com/v/G26OVR2N/file.html

document with VERY extensive bookmarks (and modifications noted below). This highly acclaimed work is based on the classic Russian "From Beginner to Master" course developed over many years. Chess players of any rating should find this a valuable reference for training and review.

At over 2800 pages, this task took a very long time to complete, but I believe it is worthwhile for the following reasons. Although the CCC contains excellent teaching material, it was not easy to use in its previous electronic form. For example, the Table of Contents and Indexes (both of which do not exist in all volumes) are not paginated. In fact, some of these books lack any pagination at all. Many lessons, questions and exercises require review of previous material and diagrams sometimes difficult to find. Likewise, specific books, e.g., Just The Facts!  Winning Endgame Knowledge In One Volume, reference and require materials (problems, cases, or diagrams) found in previous volumes. Having all Books bookmarked in one volume allows the easy location and use of chapters/sections/subsections, cases, diagrams, exercises/solutions and cross-references.

(1) The complete 8 Volume course has been combined into 1 PDF document;
(2) The books were placed in the order published with one exception – the two Chess Training Position Pocket books, with 300 and 320 positions, were keep together and placed at the end. This is consistent with Alburt's statement that these positions may be studied at any time or order;
(3) Each Volume is bookmarked in a different color so that the reader clearly knows which book is being used;
(4) All Chapters/Sections/Subsections in Table of Contents bookmarked;
(5) All Cases/Exercises noted in Table of Contents bookmarked;
(6) All Exercises/Solutions bookmarked;
(7) All Training Positions and Solutions bookmarked;
(Cool Important "Principles" highlighted in the text bookmarked;
(9) All Diagrams bookmarked;
(10) Editorial errors in numbering Diagrams were also noted in bookmarks. For example, "The King in Jeopardy" Lessons 2, 4, and 5 Exercises Diagrams are inconsistently numbered. In Lesson 2, Exercise Diagrams 93-104 were numbered as 1-12; Lesson 4 Exercise Diagrams 202-214 were numbered as 1-12; and Lesson 5 Exercises Diagrams 261-272 were numbered as 1-12. I consider these "errors" for two reasons. First, the following chapters correctly numbered subsequent Diagrams as 105 and 215 respectively (ignoring the mistaken 1-12 exercise renumbering). Second, this practice was inconsistent to the diagram numbering used by the editors throughout the 8 volume course;
(11) "Chess Training Pocket Book II 320 Key Positions For Players Of All Levels" page 78 was by mistake "landscaped" (and therefore unreadable) since the rest of the pages were in "portrait" mode. Page 78 was therefore corrected by rotating it 90 degrees; and
(12) All Blank pages were deleted;

Notes: Insofar as I am aware, the latest editions of all books are included with the exception of "Chess Strategy For The Tournament Player." The latter book has a 2nd edition which I was unable to find on this forum or the web. I am unaware whether the second edition offers substantial changes. Second, "Chess Training Pocket Book II  320 Key Positions For Players Of All Levels" has pages which, although readable, are of inferior quality: 10, 24, 30-32, 35, 37, 43, 53, 63, 128, 139, 142, 145, 147-148, 152, 162, 168, 173-174, 176, 178, 182, 185, 192, 199, and 202. Perhaps these two issues may be addressed in the future.

Due to the excellent scanning and reprocessing work of others, the combined document is less that 35 Mb in size very reasonable for 8 books. The documents were already optimized (thanks Paulied!) and I was unable to further reduce the size. Please do not forget to give the Scanners,

Thank you,

manosecreta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF Empty Re: Comprehensive Chess Course (1996-2013), by Three-time U.S. and European Champion Grandmaster Lev Alburt (and others), with all 8 volumes combined into 1 PDF

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down