chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Alfonso Romero's Books

Go down

Alfonso Romero's Books Empty Alfonso Romero's Books

Post  Lisztomaniac on Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:34 am

Hello everyone, I hope you're having a great day. Lately, I was reading "Creative Chess Strategy" which was written by Alfonso Romero and I love this book. That's why I am looking for his other books to read; so, if you have his other books, would you mind sharing them with me? Thank you!

Lisztomaniac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Alfonso Romero's Books Empty The Ultimate Chess Strategy Book volume 1 by Alfonso Romero

Post  ChessCaissa on Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:47 am

The Ultimate Chess Strategy Book volume 1 Paperback – March 18, 2008
by Alfonso Romero (Author), Amador Gonzalez De La Nava (Author)

PDF (7.3 mb):
http://rgho.st/7C9KVjNv4

Thanks to the original uploader! sunny

The opening is reaching its end, and we must make a pivotal decision: what shall our middlegame strategy be? Do we seek an active plan to profit from our strengths and highlight the opponent's weaknesses? Or do we adopt prophylaxis, attending to our own position's shortcomings and hindering the opponent's plans? Alternatively, are there any ready-made plans that we know from other games that can be tailored to fit our position?
The authors present 90 'multi-choice' tests where the reader faces this task. In detailed solutions, they explain the best solution, and why other possibilities are less convincing. We develop a feel for how the decision is made, while painlessly building our 'repertoire' of plans in typical positions.

All the examples in this book arise from Queen's Pawn or Flank Openings, and are arranged by opening and level of difficulty. Many are drawn from games by virtuoso strategists such as Karpov and Petrosian. In all cases, the game is annotated in full, so we see the consequences of the critical decision, while also appreciating the finer points of some of the most instructive games in chess history.

WE HAVE ALREADY SHARED ROMERO'S AGILE LONDON BOOK, YOU WILL FIND IT EASILY VIA THE SEARCH FUNCTION.

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum