chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

King's Indian Attack: Move by Move 2014 by Neil McDonald (Author)

Go down

King's Indian Attack: Move by Move  2014 by Neil McDonald  (Author) Empty King's Indian Attack: Move by Move 2014 by Neil McDonald (Author)

Post  ChessCaissa on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:50 pm

PDF (9.4 mb):
http://rgho.st/6NQ5rZX7N

Thanks to the original uploader (at ChessIndia)! sunny

This series provides an ideal platform to study chess openings. By continually challenging the reader to answer probing questions throughout the book, the Move by Move format greatly encourages the learning and practising of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of opening knowledge.

Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to study any chess opening and at the same time improve your general chess skills and knowledge.

The King's Indian Attack is a very popular system of development for White, which can be used against many defences. It’s easy to learn and play, and is based on understanding ideas rather than move memorization. The King's Indian Attack usually involves a deliberate and sustained attack on the black king, which often proves to be highly effective and difficult to defend against. In this book Grandmaster Neil McDonald examines in depth the many variations of the King's Indian Attack. He outlines White's most promising options and Black’s best defences, and provides answers to all the key questions.

o                                Essential guidance and training in the King’s Indian Attack

o                                Provides repertoire options for White

o                                Utilizes an ideal approach to chess study

Product details
Series: Move by Move
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Everyman Chess; 1 edition (August 15, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1857449886
ISBN-13: 978-1857449884

An Amazon reader says:

"AS a USCF rated 1698 tournament chess player, I like this book quite a lot. I like that Neil McDonald spends somde text to explain the nuances of certain move orders, that, if played in the wrong order, could make your game into a bit of a nightmare for white. It makes sense to try to simplify ones opening arsenal as much as possible. I play 1.e4 quite frequently. So, I have to have an opening to play if my opponent answers 1.e4 e5. I can play either the Vienna Game, or the Bishops Opening, and those are my choices, with a bit of a preference to the later of the two. I have found in my games that the French Defense can be a tough nut to medicine, and I play it as black a lot. Needless to say, if you play 1.e4, you had better have something prepared to use against the Sicilian Defense, as black's winning percentage is pretty high, and it is a very popular defense. With the KIA opening, you have a way to answer both of these defenses, and have pretty similiar, and sometimes exactly the same positions as white. The same for facing the Caro Kan Defense. If you play 1.e4 then, you can pick your system for double e pawn openings, and use the KIA for about anything else except for the Skandinavian/Center Counter. I'm also looking into the somewhat dubious Tennison Gambit, which can be used against 1.e4 d5 2.Nf3. I am not too far into this book yet, but find Mr. McDonald's style and explanation of the opening moves very helpful."

ChessCaissa

Back to top Go down

King's Indian Attack: Move by Move  2014 by Neil McDonald  (Author) Empty Re: King's Indian Attack: Move by Move 2014 by Neil McDonald (Author)

Post  wyzoe on Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:39 am

ChessCaissa wrote:PDF (9.4 mb):
http://rgho.st/6NQ5rZX7N

Thanks to the original uploader (at ChessIndia)! sunny

Hi ChessCaissa.

Is chessindia back? Do you know what happened to make it go down in the first place?

wyzoe

Back to top Go down

King's Indian Attack: Move by Move  2014 by Neil McDonald  (Author) Empty Re: King's Indian Attack: Move by Move 2014 by Neil McDonald (Author)

Post  64 Squares on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:45 am

thank you

64 Squares

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum