chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Modern Chess Miniatures by Neil McDonald (Author)

Go down

Modern Chess Miniatures  by Neil McDonald  (Author) Empty Modern Chess Miniatures by Neil McDonald (Author)

Post  ChessCaissa on Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:58 am

PDF (9.7 mb):
http://rgho.st/7WmJ8H5Qz

Thanks to the original uploader! sunny

Every player enjoys defeating their opponents in double-quick time. In this book, International Grandmaster Neil McDonald presents a varied selection of 'miniature' games (games in which one player or the other wins in under 30 moves) from modern master games. Each game is chosen for its instructive qualities and annotated in detail, and the games are grouped by theme to illustrate how the reader can win more miniatures themselves. * More than fifty miniature games annotated in depth * Games by Kasparov, Kamsky, Shirov and many other leading grandmasters 150 pages.

Product details
Paperback: 150 pages
Publisher: Cadogan Books; First Edition edition (December 31, 1995)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9781857441666
ISBN-13: 978-1857441666
ASIN: 1857441664

An Amazon reader says: "This is a really great effort. The format, diagrams, and games are all excellent.
This book could be used just for fun (i.e. playing over the games), or for instruction (i.e. especially in a scholastic setting).
I once attended a lecture given by Grandmaster Ashley on how to teach scholastic players (i.e. what was most important for rapid improvement). He said the focus should be 1) tactics 2 ) endgames and 3) play over minature games.
Playing over minature games can help you (or your students) develop a sort of "feel" for tactics sort of by osmosis.
anyway, give this book a try - you won't be disappointed."

ChessCaissa

Back to top Go down

Modern Chess Miniatures  by Neil McDonald  (Author) Empty Modern Chess Miniatures by Neil McDonald (Author)

Post  eiger on Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:58 am

Thank you very much

eiger

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum