chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Convert PGN to PDF

Go down

Convert PGN to PDF Empty Convert PGN to PDF

Post  JFS58 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 am

Does anyone know how to convert a PGN file to PDF keeping the annotation and diagrams
Many thanks

JFS58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Convert PGN to PDF Empty Re: Convert PGN to PDF

Post  gambit_man on Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:13 pm

JFS58 wrote:Does anyone know how to convert a PGN file to PDF keeping the annotation and diagrams
Many thanks

Here is a software tool (Diag) that you can use to do that.  It does it in 2 steps:

1) The main function is first to convert the PGN or FEN to diagrams. The diagrams are stored in an *.rtf  file which can be edited or changed as needed.
2)  You can then easily convert the *.rtf file to PDF using packages like Adobe Acrobat, Foxit Phantom, or free online rtf to PDF converters. Or print to PDF using pdf printer drivers for example the free Foxit Reader, Nitro PDF Reader or doPdf.

In this download is the software plus the supporting fonts that you must install on your system.  There is a readme.txt file with full instructions please read that carefully as it explains what to do:    

Code:
https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/lxNAz6OE/file.html

(link are not clickable you have to copy and paste into a web browser - I post links this way as it avoids the ad.fly and advertising stuff that gets attached to links if you post them directly)

NOTE: this is not my program so please do not ask me for any guidance or help using it  - I am just sharing it in response to this request, as it was shared on Immortal and I have it on my hard drive.  All thanks to the original author and uploader of this software.

gambit_man

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JFS58 on Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:13 pm

Many thanks "Immortal" Gambit_Man
but i only have the diagrams not the text.

JFS58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Convert PGN to PDF Empty pgn to pdf

Post  Just MG on Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:06 pm

just an fyi LibreOffice, which is free, can convert .rft to pdf via export if memory serves.

Just MG

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down