chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch

Go down

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch Empty My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch

Post  ChessCaissa on Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:11 am

PDF (2.9 mb):
http://rgho.st/6GlvXVcZt

Thanks to the original uploader! sunny

Lajos Portisch opens his extensive opening files and presents the most important games and unused novelties in the Ruy Lopez (or Spanish Game). He also explains the strategies and ideas behind these lines.

It’s major news when a legendary player reveals his opening secrets. And when he has rarely written about his games or preparation methods, and was famous for meticulous, ahead-of-his-time opening analysis, it makes it a true publishing event.

Yet that is what eight-time world championship candidate Lajos Portisch has done. In this book, he opens his extensive opening files and presents the most important games and unused novelties in the Ruy Lopez (or Spanish Game). He also explains the strategies and ideas behind these lines, and places the key games in their historical settings. Anecdotes abound, as do reflections on his key rivals, including Fischer, Karpov, Tal, Larsen and Smyslov.

This is also a thoroughly modern work. As well as drawing upon games from his own long career, Portisch includes important Ruy Lopez games by modern champions, including Anand and Carlsen, describing them from his own unique perspective. All analysis has been computer-verified, with Portisch’s hand-made variations standing up to scrutiny in most cases, but with the computer adding new and surprising twists. Thus we see how human creativity can remain a vital component in modern preparation.

Lajos Portisch is one of the greatest players of the modern era. An elite player from the 1960s to the 1990s, he qualified for the candidates eight times and was board 1 for the Hungary team that won olympic gold in 1978, ahead of the USSR. He is one of the 12 Hungarian ‘Sportsmen of the Nation’ – the country’s highest sporting honour.

Product details
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Gambit Publications (July 1, 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1911465112
ISBN-13: 978-1911465119

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch Empty YOU ROCK!

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:20 pm

ChessCaissa wrote:PDF (2.9 mb):
http://rgho.st/6GlvXVcZt

Thanks to the original uploader! sunny

Lajos Portisch opens his extensive opening files and presents the most important games and unused novelties in the Ruy Lopez (or Spanish Game). He also explains the strategies and ideas behind these lines.

It’s major news when a legendary player reveals his opening secrets. And when he has rarely written about his games or preparation methods, and was famous for meticulous, ahead-of-his-time opening analysis, it makes it a true publishing event.

Yet that is what eight-time world championship candidate Lajos Portisch has done. In this book, he opens his extensive opening files and presents the most important games and unused novelties in the Ruy Lopez (or Spanish Game). He also explains the strategies and ideas behind these lines, and places the key games in their historical settings. Anecdotes abound, as do reflections on his key rivals, including Fischer, Karpov, Tal, Larsen and Smyslov.

This is also a thoroughly modern work. As well as drawing upon games from his own long career, Portisch includes important Ruy Lopez games by modern champions, including Anand and Carlsen, describing them from his own unique perspective. All analysis has been computer-verified, with Portisch’s hand-made variations standing up to scrutiny in most cases, but with the computer adding new and surprising twists. Thus we see how human creativity can remain a vital component in modern preparation.

Lajos Portisch is one of the greatest players of the modern era. An elite player from the 1960s to the 1990s, he qualified for the candidates eight times and was board 1 for the Hungary team that won olympic gold in 1978, ahead of the USSR. He is one of the 12 Hungarian ‘Sportsmen of the Nation’ – the country’s highest sporting honour.

Product details
Paperback: 160 pages
Publisher: Gambit Publications (July 1, 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1911465112
ISBN-13: 978-1911465119

Back to top Go down

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch Empty Re: My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch

Post  mohamed sayed on Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:11 am

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

mohamed sayed

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch Empty pgn file

Post  SKATA on Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:54 am

is there a pgn file for this book?

SKATA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch Empty rgho.st server unavailable

Post  SumoFighter on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:35 pm

This (and many other ones in this forum) post uses a link to the rgho.st server, which appears to be unreachable from my country.
Would you be so kind as to provide a mirror in another site, such as mediafire or solidfiles?
Thx!

SumoFighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch Empty Re: My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:46 pm

Are you sure that it is your country? I had this problem with the malwarebytes software, it simply blocks rgho.st:  "the host is unreachable".

Back to top Go down

Post  Kir on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:40 pm

In Russia, for instance, Rghost has been blocked some half a year ago. It is now completely unreachable for an average user (even Frigate wouldn't help, you need maybe a vpn or such). So I would also kindly ask somebody to duplicate all Rghost links. Zippyshare, Solidfiles, Mediafire, etc. are fine. Zippyshare, on the other hand, seems to be blocked in some Commonwealth countries, including the U.K. itself. So, ideally, we need a Solidfiles or Mediafire link for every share.

Last edited by Kir on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Kir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

My Secrets in the Ruy Lopez: Unpublished Ideas and Analysis by Lajos Portisch Empty blocked

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:15 pm

tippi771 wrote:Are you sure that it is your country? I had this problem with the malwarebytes software, it simply blocks rgho.st:  "the host is unreachable".

zippyshare block my country

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:59 pm

That's interesting, rgho.st is a russian service which is blocked in russia !?.. yes it really is. A VPN should help.

Back to top Go down

Post  ChessCaissa on Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:18 pm

SumoFighter wrote:This (and many other ones in this forum) post uses a link to the rgho.st server, which appears to be unreachable from my country.
Would you be so kind as to provide a mirror in another site, such as mediafire or solidfiles?
Thx!

Mirrors:
https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/qLm433ze/file.html
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3wuqsuz6a67mf7g/My_Secrets_in_the_Ruy_Lopez_-_Lajos_Portisch.pdf/file

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum