chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

The Closed Sicilian: Move by Move by Carsten Hansen

Go down

The Closed Sicilian: Move by Move by Carsten Hansen

Post  ChessCaissa on Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 am

Link (PDF, converted from CBV):
http://rgho.st/7YmjhS9xQ

Thanks to the original uploader of the CB version (I think it was lg280349) and to the immortal member who converted it! sunny

The opponent who answers 1 e4 with an emphatic 1...c5 (The Sicilian Defence) is often looking for a fight. Such players can be highly theoretically prepared and itching to launch into their own pet variations after White has opted for the main lines with an early d2-d4. The Closed Sicilian is an ideal antidote to such aggression. In the Closed Sicilian an awareness of the strategies and plans is far more important than the simple memorising of variations. White's play is logical and the basic ideas are simple to master. However, do not be fooled into thinking the opening is without venom. The deliberate and slow burning attack that White often builds up has resulted in numerous fine attacking victories.

The Move by Move series provides an ideal format for the keen chessplayer to improve their game. While reading you are continually challenged to answer probing questions – a method that greatly encourages the learning and practising of vital skills just as much as the traditional assimilation of chess knowledge. Carefully selected questions and answers are designed to keep you actively involved and allow you to monitor your progress as you learn. This is an excellent way to study chess while providing the best possible chance to retain what has been learnt.

Everything you need to know about the Closed Sicilian.
The Q and A approach emphasizes plans and strategies.
Written by an expert on the opening.

Editorial Reviews
Review
"*****" "This tremendous work contains more than 400 pages, so it will take quite some time to absorb it, but it certainly constitutes the best source of knowledge I know about the Closed Sicilian!
Top class job from the author!" - Amazon review
From the Author
The Closed Sicilian used to be an opening for those that wanted to avoid the opening theory of the main line Open Sicilians, I knew it was for me. A few grandmasters played it regularly, the former World Champion Boris Spassky, in particular, as well as many who employed it on a semi-regular basis, but never as their main weapon.

Nowadays, the picture is somewhat similar in terms of who use it, a few play it all the time, others, including World Champion Magnus Carlsen, pick it up from time to time when the occasion is right. But unlike before it is not just a way to stay clear of main line opening theory but a way to force your opponent to think for him- or herself almost right from the beginning of the game. This is where it truly separates itself from the Open Sicilian, or even the Bb5 Sicilian, while there is a lot of theory it is not super crucial to know everything, but with the right understanding of the nuances you can easily make the game uncomfortable for your opponent who may only see the Closed Sicilian once in awhile.
This book constitutes some the best work I have ever published and I hope you will enjoy it too. If you have any questions, reach out to me - my contact details can be found inside the book.
See all Editorial Reviews
Product details
Series: Everyman Chess
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Everyman Chess (September 5, 2017)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1781943982
ISBN-13: 978-1781943984

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Closed Sicilian: Move by Move by Carsten Hansen

Post  LANDRO on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:32 pm

MANY THANKS !! do you have cbv file ?
LANDRO
LANDRO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ChessCaissa on Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:19 am

LANDRO wrote:MANY THANKS !! do you have cbv file ?

At the moment, I have found only the PGN file:
http://rgho.st/7LMyX5PXm

Thanks to the original uploader! sunny

ChessCaissa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down