chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I'd like to see more LaTeX PDFs!

MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_lcap70%MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 74 ]
MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_lcap7%MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_lcap2%MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_lcap20%MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 21 ]
MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_lcap1%MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 106

MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Empty MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS

Post  Just MG on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:46 pm

I am updating and reposting all of my LaTeX pdfs in no particular order and as long as there is interest here in them.

Now, to put this subject to bed once and for all:
This will NOT be a tutorial on how to make them, no matter how many times you PM me empty niceties. You guys continually ask me for the short cut when you are not willing to learn even the basics on your own. That is not not how the sharing community works! I got off my azz to learn this on my own! And you think you deserve it 'cause you ask? Deep down you must think you are better than me to get such treatment! You blow the whistle and I jump? Nah, it aint how it works.
To give yet another example, it is like you wanting to learn how to scan books and asking ME to provide you with the computer, the scanner, Adobe AND the book. It is asking me to do all the work for you. And even then, when you have problems, and you will! your going to come bother me for the answer because you don't know how to fix it!Evil or Very Mad As you can see, I don't suffer fools kindly, and those of you who know me know that! And as for the rest of you well...

Some of these take a long time to make. Most of you aren't even willing to wait the time to put together and make one document! Let alone the 100's I have made.

I neither want nor desire your "thanks or I love it!" or whatever empty words. I have been in the sharing community for almost 10 years and I have had my fill of them.
I believe it is our ACTIONS that define us here not our words.
So if you value them press +
Action begets action.
I made them and shared them----->Action!

Oh cool here's a poll! I remember those from Chess India!
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Empty Re: MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS

Post  Christophe12345 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:46 pm

http://www.docs.is.ed.ac.uk/skills/documents/3722/3722-2014.pdf
Christophe12345
Christophe12345

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:51 pm

well there you go!
Christophe12345 will answer all of your LaTeX questions as he has read A BOOK! Laughing
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzjos on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Last edited by xyzjos on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correcting)

xyzjos

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 pm

xyzjos wrote:
For to do post like this one I gained many enemies in Immortal and Chess India

Yes I know I am one of them..
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzjos on Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Last edited by xyzjos on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

xyzjos

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:30 am

xyzjos wrote:
Yes, since long time ago I know it  but i never feel envy about you... you understand what it is the meaning. bye

Thanks for getting off your burro, or maybe it was stepping from behind your burro and explaining it.Laughing I am sure BishopPair and Paulied don't care for you for VERY good reasons. I am sure they are justified as much as I am.
I'm sure why Paulied does. The dust settled on you long ago. I remember the crap scans you use to pass off back in the day! NOT even legible!Rolling Eyes Paulied changed that. I respect the standard he brought! My first scan was better than the crap you used pass off. Odd you choose the word envy...

You ask me about learning to making LaTeX from a book, yes I made those-Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual and I'll tell you what I told the last idiot "Read a f*cking book!"

The Dunning-Kruger Effect is in full effect with you my friend!

So go back behind your burro! bye

**Cultural Note**
It Central and South America it is acceptable to have "relations"(sex) with donkeys. I am in NO way judging him or his culture. I mention it more in line culturally as a "go in peace......."
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  jiri on Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:57 am

Just MG wrote:
xyzjos wrote:
Yes, since long time ago I know it  but i never feel envy about you... you understand what it is the meaning. bye

Thanks for getting off your burro, or maybe it was stepping from behind your burro and explaining it.Laughing  I am sure BishopPair and Paulied don't care for you for VERY good reasons. I am sure they are justified as much as I am.
I'm sure why Paulied does. The dust settled on you long ago. I remember the crap scans you use to pass off back in the day! NOT even legible!Rolling Eyes Paulied changed that. I respect the standard he brought! My first scan was better than the crap you used pass off. Odd you choose the word envy...

You ask me about learning to making LaTeX from a book, yes I made those-Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual and I'll tell you what I told the last idiot "Read a f*cking book!"

**Cultural Note**
It Central and South America it is acceptable to have "relations"(sex) with donkeys. I am in NO way judging him or his culture. I mention it more in line culturally as a "go in peace......."

You are disrespectful, you are not welcome in this forum,
A simple poor guy hidden behind his screen.
The message is very clear.
OK, MG

jiri

Back to top Go down

MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Empty Ok,

Post  jiri on Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:38 am

xyzjos is a friend, faithful and loyal, honest
I will charred you on this forum, simply,

jiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:01 am

@jiri you don't know what this is about..
I "disrespect" a thief and a liar that will not admit to what he has done. He has had many years to atone. As of yet no whiff of admitting what he he did! HE KNOWS IT! And I am sure that if pressed he will cry and whine Sad "I never!" and Sad "I only do whats good." just like he did hundreds of times at immortal! I am not the only person who saw through that....That's how he hides what he is to his friends....anyone not in that circle he steals from like me.
I have been waiting and being nice about this for 6 or 7 years and there's no reason for me to be nice about this any longer! Especially when he comes to lecture me! I am getting this out in the open on this POS!
Don't expect people to forget what you did! Karma kinda works that way. I am only finishing what snr started...maybe not his way..but my way.
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  hamster64 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:20 am

Just MG wrote:
xyzjos wrote:

Thanks for getting off your burro, or maybe it was stepping from behind your burro and explaining it.Laughing  I am sure BishopPair and Paulied don't care for you for VERY good reasons. I am sure they are justified as much as I am.

**Cultural Note**

To talk like that to XYZJOS, one of the most respectful guys from the ex-immortal forum, is the most ugly thing you could do to disqualify YOU as a human being! Your arrogance is bigger than your stupidity and you are your biggest enemy! You make everybody your enemy. What are you? Evil or Very Mad A f**king NAZI to think that your culture is superior and you can insult also millions of people that did nothing against you? Now you see what a monster you are? I don't think anybody needs your knowledge to make condoms, latex... Whatever comes from your azz... is dirty as your soul...

hamster64

Back to top Go down

Post  jiri on Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:38 am

Just MG wrote:@jiri you don't know what this is about..
I "disrespect" a thief and a liar that will not admit to what he has done. He has had many years to atone. As of yet no whiff of admitting what he he did! HE KNOWS IT! And I am sure that if pressed he will cry and whine  Sad "I never!" and Sad  "I only do whats good." just like he did hundreds of times at immortal! I am not the only person who saw through that....That's how he hides what he is to his friends....anyone not in that circle he steals from like me.
I have been waiting and being nice about this for 6 or 7 years and there's no reason for me to be nice about this any longer! Especially when he comes to lecture me! I am getting this out in the open on this POS!
Don't expect people to forget what you did! Karma kinda works that way. I am only finishing what snr started...maybe not his way..but my way.

You express only yourself, your negation, and the rejection of beauty,
You are just a little negative and jealous person,
You are already banned from the forum,
Karma,
A council, avoid coming back, my wrath will be expeditious.

jiri

Back to top Go down

Post  Christophe12345 on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:51 am

Nice action !
Christophe12345
Christophe12345

Back to top Go down

Post  u2krazie on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:53 am

jiri wrote:

You express only yourself, your negation, and the rejection of beauty,
You are just a little negative and jealous person,
You are already banned from the forum,
Karma,
A council, avoid coming back, my wrath will be expeditious.

Thank you.
u2krazie
u2krazie

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:36 pm

Nah that aint it

First:

and
https://www.reddit.com/r/thegrandtour/comments/ajifig/the_grand_tour_s03e02_colombia_special_part_1/

Learning about other cultures doesn't make me racist. Plus I said I did not judge him for that!

But seriously here:
Look this didn't start until he came over and took a swipe at me with his snide remarks. He's been doing that for years to me at Chess India and at immortal and I stood up to a bully. Enough was enough. You might not agree with the way I did it but you don't get to take a swipe at me for free. That's how I deal with bullies. I am done backing down so you can say whatever when you want and the rest of us have to shut up.

Funny how you guys can say whatever whenever and any one who stands up for themselves or does not agree gets told to shut up or banned?
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzjos on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:02 am

Last edited by xyzjos on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

xyzjos

Back to top Go down

MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Empty MG... yes, you act like a racist... even you think you are not...

Post  hamster64 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:46 am

Just MG wrote:.....Learning about other cultures doesn't make me racist. Plus I said I did not judge him for that!.....

What you do is not "learning about other cultures"! I give you now a free lesson about humanity despite it is probably too late for you (you cannot teach an old dog new tricks).

Anyone can find humans with disturbing habits inside any community of people and inside own community. I believe we have in our country some shepherds that "love" too much their sheep in the remote mountains... and we have communities with gypsies that marry at 12 yo... and we have drunkers and homeless that sleep, pee and shiiit on the street. And in Moldavia where the poverty is very high and have no work, we have not only drunkers, but also many that beat their wives and children, some rape girls... things like that... And you would come and say that this is our culture? That this is what define us?

Learning means "to observe" from curiosity and if you think it is wrong what you see then better try to change only by means of giving them access to education, not denigration. Human nature is not "pure and perfect" anywhere in the world. You can find disturbing things in any given large community of people. Even in your backyard inside your own community. If you go and make a movie by observing some remote humans living in a corner of a forest or in a very poor neighborhood of a city that lack any education and then you generalize and say: "Here is the Latino american culture and here is XYZJOS an element from this culture!" you are no better than the Nazis.

It is dirty manipulation which is the base for  the theory of superior race to another. It is like you deny 99% of the good things that come from any culture and make the most important point in your theory the 1% that is unpleasant, even revolting disturbing thing for your own culture. You obtain a wrong image of that culture and "a reason" for your "superiority". And from that point is only one step to go and find again inside your own "culture" the non educated people ready to punish the other so called "inferior" culture. Of course, in human history the wars didn't start from small remote sins like the other make "sex with donkeys", but from bigger "SINS" that can be easily observed inside another large community of people, like worship the "wrong God"...

Finally I give you an example why other culture may find "reasons" to consider your culture (or mine) inferior and non educated. Muslims and Indians use the left hand to wipe their azz and the right hand to eat or shake the hands. They might find highly offensive and disturbing that in my culture we do not give importance to that detail or many of our women make oral sex and show their tits on the beach... and we eat pigs... things like that we consider "normal"...

So MG... Do not come and give us lessons about cultures in the world and make from that a reason to manipulate people to consider inferior and uneducated the Latino american culture and try to score a cowardly hit in XYZJOS "cojones"... cause it may turn against you...

hamster64

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:34 am

Paulied and BishopPair I stand in good company. They have consciences. What you want to bash them too? Go Ahead!
You twist words as expected form a corrupt man with no conscience. I am well aware you can not be expected to admit your lies so I am.

What I am speaking of that you try to twist is why you where banned from Chess India and you know it. The Method on Chess.

You can't just make your snide remarks any more with out someone pushing back. Keep on spending your Disney bucks at Caesars palace.

I don't care what you think xyz and that has been the whole point of this I can freely say this. Everyone knows you are the reason no one scans everything has to go through you when it doesn't. You steal for "little" scanners! Thats why no one scans! YOU! now people think your the only one.
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:43 am

To any member here EXCEPT XYZ who was offended by my post I offer humble apologizes

If xyz is offended...well i am just fine with that! That is my intent!
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:01 pm

I've known for years you've been jealous of my scans. Your actions bear out that. Much like the little girl who is sweet on a little boy but can't say out of embarrassment. So she punches him and says mean things like “I no like you.”

That or you push out any scanner who only do what you say when you say. Much like the cuckoo in more ways than one. The cuckoo pushes everyone else out till there is just him. You want people you control and you feel it makes you BIG.You ring the bell and they jump. But you ring the bell and I no jump. Hmm must be me..I no jump for no bell. That's why you say you no like me. Only you can scan no one else can contribute! And if they do scan and contribute like me its bad. You think tearing others down makes you look better! That's why scanning stopped at immortal you killed it. I'm not the only one to say this.

Either way it isn't important.

You admitted you downloaded my books (over 25 that I have shared) at immortal yet NEVER have you pressed a reputation button for me there. You pressed and gave thanks for reprocessed versions of my scans. Never to me.

That fact speaks volumes about you!

Don't demand respect from me when your not will to give me any. I don't need you and never have.

Miroslav among many others at immortal would pm me Or message me when they thank me and say “nice work” or “beautiful work!”. Paulied liked them ok too. You say here No good.

So do you say they lie?

Either Miroslav, BishopPair, Paulied and all those others are liars or you are.

Which is it?

Say?

I reason with reasonable people and xyz who lacks reasoning fails to understand and he seems doomed to it. So I will leave him to his delusion. His endgame does not look good.

I would not have subjected this forum to this had he not come to me here in my thread with his snide remarks at me for all to see. He threw down the gauntlet this time and I picked it up. I remember when immortal members would come to Chess India and flame about immortal stuff and I learned how they talk to one another. Maybe I speak their talk too well? Sorry it was done here not there. But sometimes you don't choose the dance floor you just dance.

For me I did this to right an old old wrong. Get it all out.

Did it fix it? No. I knew it would not.

Deny all he will, the Truth is out which is all that I wanted. I can live with the truth in the sunlight.

And to anyone other than xyz that I may of offended again I humbly apologize. I'm big enough of a man to apologize. Offending others was not my intention. I mean to offend only him. And I think the majority of you got that.

My presence is his shame.

Remember that.

Well, now that I've gotten that old bad blood out in the open I'll end this flame here as I have nothing further to say to you EVER. And you have no reason to reply. EVER. I am turning you off now.They make a SWEET button for that here!
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  Kir on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:47 pm

The part about Paulied and K. being presented as Immortal heroes was particularly funny. Paulied was very helpful at reuploading, let me thank him for that, good job. But he has hardly ever produced anything original AFAIK. And his 'reprocessing' efforts would often leave the book worse than it was before. Whereas Xyzjos is a real scanning and processing hero, how can you even compare them.

Kir

Back to top Go down

MG's LaTeX PDF BOOKS Empty WHAT TO SAY

Post  kesaso on Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:14 am

It is very difficult to respond properly. It's like this in life: I like blondes, my neighbor likes brunettes. I'm reading books, neighbor watching a movie. Which one of us does wrong?
No one. We are friends and we have fun with each other.

Xyzjos and MG are my friends. I like chess book from 70-80 years and this gave me xyzjos. I like creative men as demon, MG. Demon and his many, many puzzles, amazing.
And MG? When I saw his latex, I remained in my astonishment. It is possible? How did he do that? I downloaded the latex manual, but I quit. I don't have enough knowledge to handle this job.
  In IMMORTALI, things have become very unpleasant. And useful members felt wrong. The claim: you share when you want, when you don't want - no, is very short-sighted. Mirror-men and hyenas were heroes. And this is wrong.

Highly weighted immortal-member among contributors.

kesaso

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:13 pm

@kesaso
Thank you friend. The problem usually comes when a double standard occurs. The rule misapplied. Use the rule here, but not here. I think that was about 80% of the argument over there. And people think they have to jump on TEAM 1 or no you have to be on TEAM 2! Like we are choosing up for kickball game. Goes back to reptile brain. DOZENS of bodies on THAT field my friend and too many. We all have friends that don't come here anymore.

Sad thing is, People think they have to choose sides here. I not once said it was either me or him. I not once said he should pay any penalty of any kind. I just said this is what happened and the truth. What you guys do on your own.. you do. I never had a problem with anyone else really a immortal and made more friends than I thought. That is why I continued to to contribute.
But, the problem comes when he took my name off my work and he gave it to you guys wanting thanks to him for my work. Main point. only point. The rest was just a light show.
I had so many people asking me for LaTeX that I turned off my email but added you to handful of friends that i don't mind getting email from!
Best Wishes,
MG
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzjos on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:06 pm

Last edited by xyzjos on Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

xyzjos

Back to top Go down

Post  Just MG on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Ok in the poll above there seems to be a lot of people wanting to know what a LaTeX(pronounced La-tech) pdf is!

LaTeX is a program/programming language used to create pdfs among other things. LaTeX can be used as a document processer like word or works or google docs. LaTeX can be used to typeset books. You can put all the words from a book into a document processor but you can't make a chessboad or its pieces right? That is where LaTeX comes in! With LaTeX you can render, which is to say, draw the board and chess pieces. As you typeset the book LaTeX places the text on the page, draws the board places the pieces AND makes it all a pdf!

The reason my LaTeX books are smaller than any scan is that a scanned pdf is a series of pictures(.jpg, .tiff,.pgn .ect). Even the white space of the page is part of that picure and it takes up space and size in the finished product. A blank empty page from a scanned noncompressed document is the same size roughly and as a page full of words or boards.

In LaTeX the only thing that makes size is the words and the drawings. In LaTeX the white part of the page is close to zero the actual letters numbers and pieces are just hanging on the page. That is a hard concept there to wrap your head around took me a while.

In the Fall 2013 I started my LaTeX project after I looked mainly at two routes to make a book:
1)HTML-It is easier but the fonts where very simple and I did not care for the boards
2)LaTeX-Commonly refured to as "the deep dark forrest of LaTeX" NOT EASY AT ALL! but I was hooked on those boards! Fonts are like those in most books too.

My main reasoning is that given books are being made digitally like .epub it is not hard to see that at some point very soon digital books will surpass regular chess books in sales. You can already see quality going down typos and all. They want your money fast here's your book boom. Epub still does not have that BOOK feel like LaTeX does. Look at the LaTeX pdf of Dvoretsky's Endgame Manual which came from a epub That book is riddled with $$ all over.I took those out. I even found and error on one of the boards AND FIXED IT! Some books need to be redone and given a cleaner look.
Just MG
Just MG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum