chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten

Go down

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Empty Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten

Post  ChessCaissa on Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:43 pm

PDF (16.4 mb):
http://rgho.st/7tjdV7gT5

Thanks to the original uploader! sunny

Volume 1 in a new series by Herman Grooten

A wild and original idea does not often turn out to be a successful concept. This is true not only for chess itself, but also for a chess writer’s practice. Nevertheless, we believe that the fundamental concept behind this book is one that will prove very valuable to average club player.

As a trainer of both youth and adult players I look at many games of my students. I noticed many of them had enough knowledge of the opening at their disposal. Yet as soon as the opponent deviated from theory, they were groping in the dark. Because how should the game continue?

This book series is about that central question: what matters in the opening? What plans are on hand? Which (hidden) concepts are concealed in the current position that has arisen just after the opening?

From the Author
Club players love to study openings as so much material is available. The author however is threatening the study of openings in a completely different way. He discusses the backgrounds, basics principles, ideas in the most instructive and accessible way.
It will enable the club player to understand the opening rather than to just to memorize the moves being played.

About the Author
International Master Herman Grooten has over thirty-five years' experience as a professional chess trainer. Many of his pupils have gone on to become very strong players, being Loek van Wely, Jan Werle and Benjamin Bok, to name some. As an author he released many successful books of which Chess Strategy for Club Players won 'Chesscafe.com's Book of the Year' award in 2017. its successor, attacking Chess for the Club Player, published in 2016, also received great acclaim. This is his first book an first volume for Thinkers Publishing, 15 more volumes are planned in the next years.

Product details
Series: Understanding before Moving (Book 1)
Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: Thinkers Publishing; 1 edition (January 1, 2019)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 9492510375
ISBN-13: 978-9492510372

APOLOGY AND EXPLANATION

When I started uploading this post, the post by gnarman uploading this same book did not exist. When I finished uploading my post, I noticed the duplication. I then decided NOT to delete my post, because it contained some additional information and also because I always feel that having extra links and mirrors is useful. Still, my apologies (+1) to gnarman! sunny

ChessCaissa

Back to top Go down

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Empty Re: Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten

Post  jaqueman on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Great!! Thanks for your contribution. rabbit rabbit rabbit
jaqueman
jaqueman

Back to top Go down

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Empty Re: Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten

Post  The Rook on Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:23 pm

Thank you, ChessCaissa +1
The Rook
The Rook

Back to top Go down

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Empty Thanks

Post  Guest on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:31 pm

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.Mf1MUwPJZnkdBguCANwmNwAAAA%26pid%3D15

Back to top Go down

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Empty Sir ChessCaissa

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:13 am

ChessCaissa wrote:PDF (16.4 mb):

A wild and original idea does not often turn out to be a successful concept. This is true not only for chess itself, but also for a chess writer’s practice. Nevertheless, we believe that the fundamental concept behind this book is one that will prove very valuable to average club player.

As a trainer of both youth and adult players I look at many games of my students. I noticed many of them had enough knowledge of the opening at their disposal. Yet as soon as the opponent deviated from theory, they were groping in the dark. Because how should the game continue?

This book series is about that central question: what matters in the opening? What plans are on hand? Which (hidden) concepts are concealed in the current position that has arisen just after the opening?

From the Author
Club players love to study openings as so much material is available. The author however is threatening the study of openings in a completely different way. He discusses the backgrounds, basics principles, ideas in the most instructive and accessible way.
It will enable the club player to understand the opening rather than to just to memorize the moves being played.

About the Author
International Master Herman Grooten has over thirty-five years' experience as a professional chess trainer. Many of his pupils have gone on to become very strong players, being Loek van Wely, Jan Werle and Benjamin Bok, to name some. As an author he released many successful books of which Chess Strategy for Club Players won 'Chesscafe.com's Book of the Year' award in 2017. its successor, attacking Chess for the Club Player, published in 2016, also received great acclaim. This is his first book an first volume for Thinkers Publishing, 15 more volumes are planned in the next years.

Product details

APOLOGY AND EXPLANATION

When I started uploading this post, the post by gnarman uploading this same book did not exist.  When I finished uploading my post, I noticed the duplication.  I then decided NOT to delete my post, because it contained some additional information and also because I always feel that having extra links and mirrors is useful. Still, my apologies (+1) to gnarman! sunny

Sir ChessCaissa:

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU!

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzjos on Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 am

look the date
Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Caissa10
now look this one
Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Gnman10

I know gn since old times he is a generous scaner that has shared nice and useful books
this Grooten book is his first post /share in this forum
what is the sense to try him so rude .... do you think he think to share with us another book?

xyzjos

Back to top Go down

Post  ChessCaissa on Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:45 am

xyzjos wrote:look the date
Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Caissa10
now look this one
Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Gnman10

I know gn since old times he is a generous scaner that has shared nice and useful books
this Grooten book is his first post /share in this forum
what is the sense to try him so rude .... do you think he think to share with us another book?

Welcome aboard, xyzjos,

I had checked the search function before uploading my post, looking for GROOTEN, the name of the author, and I could not find the book, which is why I took it for granted that it had not been shared before. EVEN NOW THE SEARCH FUNCTION DOES NOT SHOW GNARMAN'S POST WHEN LOOKING FOR THE NAME OF THE AUTHOR.

Only after a while did I notice the duplication, and then

---I pointed out the duplication myself

---I tried to explain why I had decided not to delete my post

---I apologized to gnarman

What else did you expect me to do?

I have the greatest respect for you, and of course, for gnarman also, and the last thing I wanted to do is to be rude to him (or to you for that matter). So if you wish, I will delete my post, if you think that is the right thing to do. I am not here to argue, to cause bad blood or to call people names. I am here to share chess material for the common good, and to enjoy what others wish to share with me, all in good spirit of friendship.

Again, welcome aboard and have a great time in this forum, hopefully making the huge contributions you made in immortalchess.net!

ChessCaissa

Back to top Go down

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Empty Understanding before Moving (Book 1)

Post  hanson on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks a lot
Hanson

hanson

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzjos on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:27 pm

I had checked the search function before uploading my post, looking for GROOTEN, the name of the author, and I could not find the book, which is why I took it for granted that it had not been shared before.
hi ChessCaissa!
I downloaded both ..yours and gn pdfs, search properties and found that both are the same version
so can I ask you from where you get your version? I think you get it from gn's post
you don't need to do any search of Topic because you know where it is
I know that you like to share chess stuff with friends but why not to post your mirror in gn's Topic ?
We need to learn to respect at original scanners because we want to see new scans of new books in the forum.

xyzjos

Back to top Go down

Post  baki1959 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:31 am

Thank you, ChessCaissa +1
baki1959
baki1959

Back to top Go down

Post  ChessCaissa on Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:38 am

xyzjos wrote:
I had checked the search function before uploading my post, looking for GROOTEN, the name of the author, and I could not find the book, which is why I took it for granted that it had not been shared before.
hi ChessCaissa!
I downloaded both ..yours and gn pdfs, search properties and found that both are the same version
so can I ask you from where you get your version? I think you get it from gn's post
you don't need to do any search of Topic because you know where it is
I know that you like to share chess stuff with friends but why not to post your mirror in gn's Topic ?
We need to learn to respect at original scanners because we want to see new scans of new books in the forum.

I got my copy from the Russian chess site called VK, which I use regularly.  I did NOT get it from gn's post at all. It appeared in the discussion board of the VK forum, page 220, uploaded by Nick Theil.

ChessCaissa

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzjos on Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:56 am

ChessCaissa wrote:

I got my copy from the Russian chess site called VK, which I use regularly.  I did NOT get it from gn's post at all. It appeared in the discussion board of the VK forum, page 220, uploaded by Nick Theil.
i am sure that Nick Theil stoled the scan of gn, well, gn has just shared de part 2 of this serie
if you want to share a new link please post it in the gn Topic
TIA

xyzjos

Back to top Go down

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Empty Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten

Post  eiger on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Thank you very much

eiger

Back to top Go down

Understanding before Moving : Part 1: Ruy Lopez and Italian Structures Author Herman Grooten Empty reload link please

Post  kingpakal on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:52 am

ChessCaissa wrote:PDF (16.4 mb):

From the Author

About the Author

Product details

APOLOGY AND EXPLANATION

When I started uploading this post, the post by gnarman uploading this same book did not exist.  When I finished uploading my post, I noticed the duplication.  I then decided NOT to delete my post, because it contained some additional information and also because I always feel that having extra links and mirrors is useful. Still, my apologies (+1) to gnarman! sunny
Please reload link please. thanks

kingpakal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down