chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

HOW TO THINK AHEAD IN CHESS

Go down

HOW TO THINK AHEAD IN CHESS Empty HOW TO THINK AHEAD IN CHESS

Post  WhiteKingCHESS on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:00 am

http://rgho.st/8HCkhhNvj

This book gives the player who is knowledgably about the basics, but doesn't have a plan, a logical way to proceed against mediocre players, but not against an advanced player, who they wouldn't be playing anyway. The introduction states that, "this book is not meant for masters." However, I have used these tactics to beat 1400 rated (good, but not strong) opponents.

The Stonewall, it's recommended opening for white, is not an opening the casual player is used to seeing, so the Stonewall's attack will almost always overwhelm them and lead to a victory for white. The two black openings, that are recommended, are sound against any opponent and require careful play on the part of white or they will find themselves losing in the middle game. The book also recommends going on to other openings after mastering these. It does give examples of how to plan the whole game from it's given three openings, and I found, that this helped me when I made my own game plan with other openings. This gives a tiny bit of justification to the title.

A play by play- with diagrams- discussion of certain manoeuvers and methods of procedure in this game which is based on some championship performances and which advocates "a revolutionary treatment of opening plays". Eliminating possible variations, the authors concentrate in detail on three recommended openings, proceed through the Stonewall Attack, the Dragon Variation, the Queen's Gambit Declined, Lasker's Defense, and indicate the importance of timing. Definitely for the interested initiate rather than the amateur.

THIS BOOK IS IN DESCRIPTIVE NOTATION. YES, I KNOW ITS VERY DIFFICULT TO READ A BOOK WITH DESCRIPTIVE NOTATION. BUT ITS BETTER TO HAVE SOMETHING THAN NOTHING.

THANKS TO THE ORIGINAL UPLOADER/SCANNER.

Product details

Paperback: 280 pages
   Publisher: Fireside; Reprint edition (July 15, 1971)
   Language: English
   ISBN-10: 0671211382
   ISBN-13: 978-0671211387

HOW TO THINK AHEAD IN CHESS Screen18
WhiteKingCHESS
WhiteKingCHESS

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum