chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

Chess for Tigers by Simon Webb

Go down

Chess for Tigers  by Simon Webb Empty Chess for Tigers by Simon Webb

Post  ChessCaissa on Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:38 am

The Tiger is a vicious beast. He doesn’t care about the aesthetic side of chess. He doesn’t even care about making the “best” moves. All he cares about is winning. This book will turn players into Tigers who can make the most of their playing strength, take advantage of their opponent’s weaknesses, steer the game into positions that favor their style of play, improve their odds of winning against stronger players, and avoid making silly mistakes. A cult classic in the chess world—now in its third updated and revised edition—this is a must-have for all chess players, especially beginners.

Product details
Series: Batsford Chess Book
Paperback: 144 pages
Publisher: Batsford; 3rd edition (March 28, 2006)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 071348988X
ISBN-13: 978-0713489880

PDF (1.7 mb):
http://rgho.st/8ZvhMcHmC
https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/apvmyVGu/file.html

Thanks to the original uploader! sunny

A reader says:
"A short and practical book for competitive chess players.

Simon Webb provides well analyzed examples even if the modern analyst can certainly find some improvements here and there with modern chess engines.

The book really is about developing competitive skills, not mastering the arcanes of the game itself. You can't learn to play chess from this book, but you can learn how to win at chess.

Webb explains how to compete against stronger or weaker players and how to deal with technical wins or time trouble, for example. I found the chapter about team competitions particularly interesting since I used to play mostly team events for a long time.

Given it's age, most of the content was written in 1978 and the rest in 1989, there is no advice on the use of computers. In fact this seems to me the only competitive ingredient missing from this book which I highly recommend to any competitive player"

ChessCaissa

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum