chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

50 guidelines to winning chess games

Go down

50 guidelines to winning chess games Empty 50 guidelines to winning chess games

Post  WhiteKingCHESS on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:08 am

http://rgho.st/7y4f5JTm2 (link 1)

https://anonfile.com/u74ffeYfm8/50_GUIDELINES_pdf (link 2)

There can be four results of a Chess game: win, draw, getting beat, and losing. Getting beat
means that your opponent was simply better than you were in this game. Losing means that you
made an error. The “50 Guidelines to Winning Chess Games” is a list of errors players make
which usually lead to a loss. This is not an all inclusive list, but a list of those mistakes which I
have repeatedly found with the players I have coached.
Each of the sixty-five games contained within this book are actual games played by students on
my teams. The names have been omitted on purpose to save on embarrassment. After each
tournament I have each student enter at least one game into Chessbase®️. This game is either a
game they lost or a game they felt had instructive merits for the team. I then enter commentary
on the game and present it to the entire team.
To make the most of the learning opportunities available in this book, the reader should have a
Chess board in front of them and play through the games attempting to discover the mistakes and
then turn the page over and repeat the process, but this time noting the comments. Half-way
through each game is a diagram to make sure that as you are playing through the game you have
all of the pieces on the correct squares at that point. Please note that most of the commentary is
designed for the player who lost the game since the player who won the game did well enough to
win. If you pay close attention to the comments I believe they will help you to improve your
game. When the word “stronger” appears in a comment it refers to the ability of that move to
strengthen the position or attack, which will in turn increase that player’s ability to win this
game.
These games are not in any particular order. The reason for that is with many players if they are
unaware of the “theme” being taught then they will pay attention to everything and not look for
just one type of mistake.
The games included are short games (i.e. less than 35 moves). The reasoning behind that is two-
fold: 1) most games with mistakes do not last very long and 2) players sometimes get bored
going over long games.

THANKS TO ORIGINAL UPLOADERS

50 guidelines to winning chess games Screen25
WhiteKingCHESS
WhiteKingCHESS

Back to top Go down