chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

help for 1000-1100 player

Go down

help for 1000-1100 player Empty help for 1000-1100 player

Post  aselaschess on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:32 pm

I have 1000-1100 fide rating Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . But I have 2400 chess.com tactics rating and 1350 rapid rating Laughing Laughing . I play colle , kings indian and pirc as my openings. How can I improve my rating. bounce bounce bounce bounce

aselaschess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

help for 1000-1100 player Empty Re: help for 1000-1100 player

Post  WhiteKingCHESS on Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:45 pm

MY ADVICE SEEMS SILLY BUT IT DEFINETLY WORKS OUT. GM ALEX SMITH EXPLAINED VERY CLEARLY ON HOW CAN AN AMBITIOUS PLAYER LIKE YOU CAN IMPROVE THEIR LIVE FIDE RATINGS IN HIS BOOK PUMP UP YOUR RATING. THIS BOOK SUITS FOR PLAYERS OF ALL LEVELS(EXCEPT SUPER GM'S). MOREOVER THIS BOOKS WAS ALREADY SHARED HERE IN THIS FORUM. AS A GRANDMASTER HIMSELF EXPLAIN'S HOW CAN WE IMPROVE OUR RATING IN A SEPERATE BOOK DEDICATED TO THIS TOPIC I THINK THERE IS NO POINT IN FURTHER EXPLAINING THIS TOPIC. GO AHEAD, DOWNLOAD THE BOOK. IF YOU DIDN'T FIND THAT BOOK WE ARE ALL HERE TO REUPLOAD THIS BOOK. THANK YOU....
WhiteKingCHESS
WhiteKingCHESS

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  schtroumfechecs on Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:22 pm

Hard to say without seeing yours games. It seems you have some tatical skills if the chess24 tactical rating means something (i don,t know, but i guess it does).
This is why i would bet that, maybe, you could need some improvement in knowledge/skills about positional chess and pawns structures.

I always advice my pupils to read "How to reasses your chess", by Jeremy Silman. I think it's useful book for all levels. Easy and fun to read, with a lot af nice and clear guidelines. it is useful from the beginner to 2000 and more: I red it what i was 2150 for the first time, and it help me to conslidate my rating a lot.

Another nice series is Yusuopv series: Build up your chess, Boost your chess, and Chess evolution. There is 9 books and order of progression is this one:
1- Build up Your chess "the fundamentals", 2- Boost your ches "the fondamentals", 3- chess evolution" the fundamentals
4,5,6 - "beyond the basics"
7,8,9- "Mastery".

Those books are more demanding that silman one's. The exercices are useful, and it explains alls pahese of the game. The fundamentals series is adressed to under 1600 players, and the mastery series is adressed for player looking for 2200-2300 elo rating.

Hope it will Help

schtroumfechecs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aselaschess on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:40 pm

WhiteKingCHESS wrote:MY ADVICE SEEMS SILLY BUT IT DEFINETLY WORKS OUT. GM ALEX SMITH EXPLAINED VERY CLEARLY ON HOW CAN AN AMBITIOUS PLAYER LIKE YOU CAN IMPROVE THEIR LIVE FIDE RATINGS IN HIS BOOK PUMP UP YOUR RATING. THIS BOOK SUITS FOR PLAYERS OF ALL LEVELS(EXCEPT SUPER GM'S). MOREOVER THIS BOOKS WAS ALREADY SHARED HERE IN THIS FORUM. AS A GRANDMASTER HIMSELF EXPLAIN'S HOW CAN WE IMPROVE OUR RATING IN A SEPERATE BOOK DEDICATED TO THIS TOPIC I THINK THERE IS NO POINT IN FURTHER EXPLAINING THIS TOPIC. GO AHEAD, DOWNLOAD THE BOOK. IF YOU DIDN'T FIND THAT BOOK WE ARE ALL HERE TO REUPLOAD THIS BOOK. THANK YOU....

thank you WhiteKingCHESS. I downloaded it.

aselaschess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

help for 1000-1100 player Empty help for 1000-1100 player

Post  aselaschess on Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:42 pm

schtroumfechecs wrote:Hard to say without seeing yours games. It seems you have some tatical skills if the chess24 tactical rating means something (i don,t know, but i guess it does).
This is why i would bet that, maybe, you could need some improvement in knowledge/skills about positional chess and pawns structures.

I always advice my pupils to read "How to reasses your chess", by Jeremy Silman. I think it's useful book for all levels. Easy and fun to read, with a lot af nice and clear guidelines. it is useful from the beginner to 2000 and more: I red it what i was 2150 for the first time, and it help me to conslidate my rating a lot.

Another nice series is Yusuopv series: Build up your chess, Boost your chess, and Chess evolution. There is 9 books and  order of progression is this one:
1- Build up Your chess "the fundamentals", 2- Boost your ches "the fondamentals", 3- chess evolution" the fundamentals
4,5,6 - "beyond the basics"
7,8,9- "Mastery".

Those books are more demanding that silman one's. The exercices are useful, and it explains alls pahese of the game.  The fundamentals series is adressed to under 1600 players, and the mastery series is adressed for player looking for 2200-2300 elo rating.

Hope it will Help

thank you schtroumfechecs.
I like talk with you more. Can you give me your facebook or any contact??

aselaschess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NorwayChess on Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:58 am

aselaschess wrote:I have 1000-1100 fide rating Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad . But I have 2400 chess.com tactics rating and 1350 rapid rating Laughing  Laughing . I play colle , kings indian and pirc as my openings. How can I improve my rating. bounce bounce bounce bounce

If you shared some of your games, it would be easier to give more concrete advice, but based on my own progress as a chess player, I can give you some general advice. Note that this is just based on my own personal opinion and that I am far from a chess grandmaster:

- At your current level I would concentrate on learning and understanding openings that are less complex and positional. If you are good with tactics, then openings that lead to open positions seem to be more suitable on focusing on. Examples of these are the Italian opening and the Spanish. These openings are more tactical in nature and will give you a good foundation to build upon. Also try to understand the basic plans and ideas for the opening as this will give you a general idea on what to accomplish in the opening.

- Strategy is probably the chess aspect that is the hardest to master, but the most important to learn. Having a solid strategy foundation is important. While I would recommend Silman's Reassess Your Chess, it can be a bit advanced for some and may actually hamper your development until you are advanced enough to fully utilize the knowledge he teaches. For this, a book I would highly recommend is this one: Winning Chess Strategy For Kids (www82.zippyshare.com/v/TVpFWNJo/file.html)

- Reading annotated master games and grasping the concepts about their though process is also very valuable. A book like Logical Chess Move By Move is another. This one is recommended as soon as you can understand basic chess strategy in order to see how chess strategy is carried out in practical use. (http://rgho.st/8Pmf2x9P7)

- Analyze your own games with a computer and try to understand where you went wrong. Try to concentrate on the general idea about where you went wrong, look especially for blunders as they represent the areas where you should concentrate the hardest on. Even grandmasters make mistakes and inaccuracies, but they rarely make blunders.

NorwayChess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aselaschess on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:37 pm

NorwayChess wrote:
aselaschess wrote:I have 1000-1100 fide rating Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad . But I have 2400 chess.com tactics rating and 1350 rapid rating Laughing  Laughing . I play colle , kings indian and pirc as my openings. How can I improve my rating. bounce bounce bounce bounce

If you shared some of your games, it would be easier to give more concrete advice, but based on my own progress as a chess player, I can give you some general advice. Note that this is just based on my own personal opinion and that I am far from a chess grandmaster:

- At your current level I would concentrate on learning and understanding openings that are less complex and positional. If you are good with tactics, then openings that lead to open positions seem to be more suitable on focusing on. Examples of these are the Italian opening and the Spanish. These openings are more tactical in nature and will give you a good foundation to build upon. Also try to understand the basic plans and ideas for the opening as this will give you a general idea on what to accomplish in the opening.

- Strategy is probably the chess aspect that is the hardest to master, but the most important to learn. Having a solid strategy foundation is important. While I would recommend Silman's Reassess Your Chess, it can be a bit advanced for some and may actually hamper your development until you are advanced enough to fully utilize the knowledge he teaches. For this, a book I would highly recommend is this one: Winning Chess Strategy For Kids (www82.zippyshare.com/v/TVpFWNJo/file.html)

- Reading annotated master games and grasping the concepts about their though process is also very valuable. A book like Logical Chess Move By Move is another. This one is recommended as soon as you can understand basic chess strategy in order to see how chess strategy is carried out in practical use. (http://rgho.st/8Pmf2x9P7)

- Analyze your own games with a computer and try to understand where you went wrong. Try to concentrate on the general idea about where you went wrong, look especially for blunders as they represent the areas where you should concentrate the hardest on. Even grandmasters make mistakes and inaccuracies, but they rarely make blunders.

I will try these instructions. What do you think about visualization. Is it improving calculation skill? bounce bounce bounce bounce

aselaschess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NorwayChess on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:09 am

Yes, visualization will help with calculation skill.

I think there are some apps that may help you with this, see for example: https://www.chessvis.com/

NorwayChess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  aselaschess on Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:26 pm

NorwayChess wrote:Yes, visualization will help with calculation skill.

I think there are some apps that may help you with this, see for example: https://www.chessvis.com/

thank you NorwayChess.

Can I have your facebook id for talk with you more?

aselaschess

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down