chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

How to Play Chess Endgames - Karsten Muller & Wolfgang Pajeken

Go down

How to Play Chess Endgames - Karsten Muller & Wolfgang Pajeken Empty How to Play Chess Endgames - Karsten Muller & Wolfgang Pajeken

Post  The Rook on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:59 pm

In this companion volume to Fundamental Chess Endings, Müller and Pajeken focus on the practical side of playing endgames. They cover all aspects of strategic endgames, with particular emphasis on thinking methods, and ways to create difficulties for opponents over the board.

Using hundreds of outstanding examples from modern practice, the authors explain not only how to conduct 'classical' endgame tasks, such as exploiting an extra pawn or more active pieces, but also how to handle the extremely unbalanced endings that often arise from the dynamic openings favoured nowadays. All varieties of endgames are covered, and there are more than 200 exercises for the reader, together with full solutions.

Major topics include:
* Basic Principles and Methods
* Activity
* Schematic Thinking
* The Fight for the Initiative
* Prophylaxis and Preventing Counterplay
* The Bishop-Pair in the Endgame
* Domination
* The Art of Defence
* Typical Mistakes
* Rules of Thumb

http://rgho.st/8Z7BD4xSG

Thanks to the original uploader.

The Rook
The Rook

Back to top Go down

How to Play Chess Endgames - Karsten Muller & Wolfgang Pajeken Empty Re: How to Play Chess Endgames - Karsten Muller & Wolfgang Pajeken

Post  Marco I on Sun May 05, 2019 2:21 am

Thanks The Rook.

How come I am not able to have access to any of the rgho.st links?Can you help with this?

Thanks

Marco I

Back to top Go down

How to Play Chess Endgames - Karsten Muller & Wolfgang Pajeken Empty Re: How to Play Chess Endgames - Karsten Muller & Wolfgang Pajeken

Post  The Rook on Sun May 05, 2019 2:35 am

Marco I wrote:Thanks The Rook.

How come I am not able to have access to any of the rgho.st links?Can you help with this?

Thanks

Here's a new link.

https://www.solidfiles.com/v/8pQq8mqm7xYA5

The Rook
The Rook

Back to top Go down

Post  Marco I on Wed May 08, 2019 1:34 am

The Rook wrote:
Marco I wrote:Thanks The Rook.

Thanks

Here's a new link.

https://www.solidfiles.com/v/8pQq8mqm7xYA5

Many thanks The Rook!

Marco I

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum