chessgod101
Please login to view all of the forum content.

I am thankful and grateful for Chessgod101 community

Go down

I am thankful and grateful for Chessgod101 community Empty I am thankful and grateful for Chessgod101 community

Post  MadaraUchiha on Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:08 am

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank your efforts for making the chess material and resources available for everybody...free of cost.

I am really grateful. I don't have any coach and I have never trained with any coach previously. You guys are the coaches I never had.

I am around 1800-1900 FIDE level currently. With the materials and resources here, now my target is 2200+ FIDE.

Thank you very much once again to the Chessgod101 community.

(On a sidenote, do you guys use VPN or something like that while downloading the zippyshare links and other materials here? I literally cannot believe that so many commercial materials are available free of cost)

MadaraUchiha
MadaraUchiha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I am thankful and grateful for Chessgod101 community Empty Re: I am thankful and grateful for Chessgod101 community

Post  Tomstays on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:55 am

I am also very thankful to the Gambit_man, caissa , ramox666 and other members who had made efforts and given their valuable time. You all are the blessings to the chess community.

Tomstays

View user profile

Back to top Go down

I am thankful and grateful for Chessgod101 community Empty Re: I am thankful and grateful for Chessgod101 community

Post  johnhaber8888 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:17 am

It's not just that the material is free. It's that so many people want to help toward the common goal of improvement and if you ask a question then somebody bothers to answer and others fulfill requests. Although I'm willing to buy books and lessons, without this board I would not know that many of them existed. Each day as I click the web site I hold my breath and hope that it will still be there.

So, thanks to the person with the vision to have started it and also to all that make such valuable contributions. I know that many of us truly appreciate what we have become part of and hope that it will last forever.

johnhaber8888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  johnhaber8888 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:28 am

MadaraUchiha,

(On a sidenote, do you guys use VPN or something like that while downloading the zippyshare links and other materials here? I literally cannot believe that so many commercial materials are available free of cost)

To attempt to answer your question:
From my experience, a proxy at most is needed. In general, you don't have to worry at all. Most people who are caught are found during torrent activity. A torrent involves file manipulation of uploading and downloading. It is during the uploading that people are trapped, as often files are intentionally put into torrents in order to capture offenders. I never knew anybody caught during the downloading phase of anything. It must be similar to the concept of user and dealer relative to drug enforcement. It is much more serious to be a dealer.

If anybody has different experiences, please add them to this conversation. Thank you.

johnhaber8888

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MadaraUchiha on Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:59 am

johnhaber8888 wrote:It's not just that the material is free.  It's that so many people want to help toward the common goal of improvement and if you ask a question then somebody bothers to answer and others fulfill requests.  Although I'm willing to buy books and lessons, without this board I would not know that many of them existed.  Each day as I click the web site I hold my breath and hope that it will still be there.

So, thanks to the person with the vision to have started it and also to all that make such valuable contributions.  I know that many of us truly appreciate what we have become part of and hope that it will last forever.

Yes, the community helping each other become better chess players is the greatest aspect of it.

" Each day as I click the web site I hold my breath and hope that it will still be there."
Same here buddy. I do feel the same.
MadaraUchiha
MadaraUchiha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MadaraUchiha on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:01 am

johnhaber8888 wrote:MadaraUchiha,

To attempt to answer your question:
From my experience, a proxy at most is needed.  In general, you don't have to worry at all.  Most people who are caught are found during torrent activity.  A torrent involves file manipulation of uploading and downloading.  It is during the uploading that people are trapped, as often files are intentionally put into torrents in order to capture offenders.  I never knew anybody caught during the downloading phase of anything.  It must be similar to the concept of user and dealer relative to drug enforcement.  It is much more serious to be a dealer.

If anybody has different experiences, please add them to this conversation.  Thank you.

Thank you @johnhaber8888.
It's quite reassuring to hear that.
MadaraUchiha
MadaraUchiha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum